Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving it Saturday and I pulled onto a road and took it near redline in the first 3 gears. I noticed when I was almost to the top of 3rd the actual exhaust opened up for lack of a better way of explaining it. I didn't blow an exhaust gasket. It was almost like I pulled a imaginary baffel out. Its not a lot louder but its definitely louder. Reason I posted was to see if this has happened to anyone else. Its possible that a weld broke and let something move inside the muffler. If mine did I would think someone else's may have.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has to have the converter I would think. The converter can be as small as a disk 2" in diameter and no longer than 4" to qualify. Its inside the muffler I would imagine. I forgot about the second gasket. Ill check it.

Its not any more annoying. And its not redneck loud. Its like you just slightly amplified the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
852 Posts
All have a CAT in the mid pipe ..........

# 4 1262409 ASM., CATALYST, EXHAUST
I asked the dealer specifically, I'm in the custom exhaust business. He said only Cali. It doesn't really matter though. That first portion of the exhaust pipe is around 3-inch, so could be. It has to be removed to build the new exhaust anyway.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So I was out yesterday riding mine and I am on the Interstate for a bit running maybe 80 or so. I got off at my exit and I thought to myself, "self, is this thing sounding louder?" I had a full helmet on and it sure seemed louder to me, I will check it out over the weekend, but odd you mentioned it, it must be something other than two guys hearing things.
Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts