Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a You Tube video doing a review on the Slingshot. What I did notice is that there is an exhaust heat shield covering the cast iron exhaust manifold. I am missing this heat shield on my Slingshot. I was amazed the dealership that I purchased from did not notice this was missing.

·
2,333 Posts
I have the GM one in my pile of parts, its the same that was on the pre-production units, nothing special but its functional ...

No SL yet but the pile of parts just keeps growing ....

Now all I need is someone to finish a CAT delete mid pipe .....

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have the GM one in my pile of parts, its the same that was on the pre-production units, nothing special but its functional ...

No SL yet but the pile of parts just keeps growing ....

Now all I need is someone to finish a CAT delete mid pipe .....

Very soon just laser cut flanges last week.
I'll make it my mission to have it before you get your SS

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I bought two (2) and am having them heated coated, like race headers, 1-titanium-dull n 2-Chromex-highly polished silver. Will get them back after January 14, 2015. Will post pics, this is a budget mans exhaust manifold cover. To be noted that late model Malibu, Caddy, Buick had plastic covers on the top of their Ecotec 2.4L Engine. Not sure if it would clear our Slingshot's Hood. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, & Happy New Year ! Tom n Carol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did order the heat shield form GM Outlet Parts. It should be here on December 30th. Can someone please tell me the size bolts I will need to mount it. Also do I need to purchase lock washers for the bolts?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anyone started to experience the exhaust manifold beginning to rust? My manufacture date is September and just took delivery on December 17th.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for the information on the exhaust heat shield. My goal is to keep everthing factory on my Slingshot- not bad for $15 for something many won't even see.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
I still need to get the 3 stainless steal 6m bolts and washers. Maybe tracktor supply will have them?

·
Registered
105 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
The shipping almost cost as much as the part! However it's pretty heavy for a heat shield. The weight issue I can see why they left it off!
Can I ask where you bought the bolts to attach? I ordered one from the same place and they said it does not come with the bolts. He said they are 6mm x1 x12.3

1 - 20 of 23 Posts