Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
The GM 60° high feature V6 is a great option, they have for 10+ years come in basically every GM car, SUV and van they make (with the v6 option). they make in the 260hp range stock will bolt directly to the 5spd trans and the ECM is almost wire for wire dealing with the harness swap. Very little weight difference as well. "If" i were in the market for a v6 swap it would absolutely be my choice.
I have a TJ Jeep i did a GM 3800 supercharged V6 swap in. In the 300hp range and the weight of a 4 banger, it was a great choice.

Just swap out the engin with a DDM Works modified one have them install a supercharger and you can leave any fool that thinks they a chance wondering what the F just happened......DDM Works ROCKS

Just swap out the engin with a DDM Works modified one have them install a supercharger and you can leave any fool that thinks they a chance wondering what the F just happened......DDM Works ROCKS
I'm with you brother. The LE9 has more than enough power properly force fed to satisfy even the most power hungry mofo such as me or you. ;-)

Swapping engines is a huge project. There's really no point since the stock 4 banger lights up the rear tire with ease. Alpha put a v8 into a couple slings but I feel it's only for the sound and bragging rights. I think the v8 sling is cool as hell, so don't think I'm a hater! In reality it's kinda pointless. The only guy on this forum that put a v8 in his sling wrecked it on the track. I know anything can be wrecked but come on! V8+1 tire equals trouble. My point is that the stock 4 banger plus a turbo is more power than the sling can put down. Anything else is just because you want to. Throw enough money at Alpha and I'm sure they could put a 300 Z v6 twin turbo in there, although I'm not sure why you would want to. The stock engine/w a turbo will burn the tire off just as good, with a lot less work/money.
They make a four wheel conversion kit

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.