Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Iam an owner and

• I have not experienced the high rev issue .

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I have experienced the high rev issue .

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Low speed stall only

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Low speed stall and high rev.

Votes: 37 31.6%
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a problem figuring out how many owners are having this problem and how often . I am very concerned if it happen once or multiple times it is a problem I can understand how it could be very frightening .

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
Mine has never had the rev up situation, nor has it done a complete stall out. It has quivered at a stop and leveled out, but seems to have gotten better, the jury is still out since I only have 180 miles on her.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Mine has never had the rev up situation, nor has it done a complete stall out. It has quivered at a stop and leveled out, but seems to have gotten better, the jury is still out since I only have 180 miles on her.
Same here but less than 50 miles on sl

·
Registered
508 Posts
This would be a hard perception to get into unless all of the other people who purchase the slingshot chimes in to get a real total amount of the same problem. Still it better than nothing. Can't wait for the result or not want the result at the same time for I have not received my Slingshot yet.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
What? Like I said picked it up with 0 miles and drove it home 17 miles. Then went around the block a few times in the next week or so.
He was giving kudos to the attraction that the SS draws and defending your low miles. Even if you had it out for 5 hours, you'd still only have 17 miles on it because of your new rock star status, dealing with all of your fans at every stop.:) At least that's how I read it.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
when i back out in reverse the engine spurs a little have to keep my foot on clutch......thoughts??? just bought it in for 500 oil change today

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
isn't there an ECU that will fix all this?
The jury is still out on the exact cause or if all of these issues are the same. Member Stan had a good write up on his high rev issue which ended up being a mini clutch switch. That is why it is critical that each owner experiencing this problem gets in contact with their dealer. Supply them with as much information as possible including video if you can. The Slingshot is programmed for rev matching while shifting. Only a proper diagnosis by a Polaris tech can help determine what's normal rev matching and what needs repair.

Stan's results:http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/rev-problem-solved-thanks-polaris.1956/#post-41223

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The jury is still out on the exact cause or if all of these issues are the same. Member Stan had a good write up on his high rev issue which ended up being a mini clutch switch. That is why it is critical that each owner experiencing this problem gets in contact with their dealer. Supply them with as much information as possible including video if you can. The Slingshot is programmed for rev matching while shifting. Only a proper diagnosis by a Polaris tech can help determine what's normal rev matching and what needs repair.

Stan's results:http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/rev-problem-solved-thanks-polaris.1956/#post-41223
If it is designed with rev matching in mind, it expects heavy acceleration only and "sunday driving" in going to reveal as a problem . Rev matching should be a choice not a program .

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
If it is designed with rev matching in mind, it expects heavy acceleration only and "sunday driving" in going to reveal as a problem . Rev matching should be a choice not a program .
I think that is where the debate will end up going. We honestly don't know the extent of the programming. Performance or safety little bit of both, I don't know, that's why I suggest folks just have to get in into their dealers so this can get sorted out.

If you read through Stan's post once he got used to it he say's the synchronizing was very smooth.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think that is where the debate will end up going. We honestly don't know the extent of the programming. Performance or safety little bit of both, I don't know, that's why I suggest folks just have to get in into their dealers so this can get sorted out.

If you read through Stan's post once he got used to it he say's the synchronizing was very smooth.
I wonder if it happens only with traction control on? I can understand them wanting to keep the suspension loaded in the nanny mode .

1 - 20 of 135 Posts