Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Engine exposed

10K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Kenyon 
#1 · (Edited)
i had difficulty adding pix to this post and then could not delete it, so i ended up having to create the post in the comment below.

#2 ·
I'm new to the slingshot scene. As a matter of fact, i just bought mine last week. I know there is plenty of info out there on removing the hood skins (which has helped me tremendously) and i like that look, but my wife thought it looked unfinished.

The fender skins are easy to add back on. But there is still those corner hood areas that are exposed and really seem out of place not to mention there isn't anything "cool" to see in those corners. Since the hood is one big skin, I struggled with how to hide those areas for a more "finished" look. i decided to cut those corners off the hood skin to reinstall on my SS. i marked the cut so that the cut would land on the hood structure therefore when viewed from the underside, you can not see the cut. Also, if you want to reinstall the center hood skin, the factory connections can still be used.

after cutting the hood skin, i used double sided tape to be sure to secure the cut edges, even though they are under the matte black accent panels, and screwed the other side with the factory connections.

for a finished look like this

#11 ·
I'm new to the slingshot scene. As a matter of fact, i just bought mine last week. I know there is plenty of info out there on removing the hood skins (which has helped me tremendously) and i like that look, but my wife thought it looked unfinished.

View attachment 64545

The fender skins are easy to add back on. But there is still those corner hood areas that are exposed and really seem out of place not to mention there isn't anything "cool" to see in those corners. Since the hood is one big skin, I struggled with how to hide those areas for a more "finished" look. i decided to cut those corners off the hood skin to reinstall on my SS. i marked the cut so that the cut would land on the hood structure therefore when viewed from the underside, you can not see the cut. Also, if you want to reinstall the center hood skin, the factory connections can still be used.

View attachment 64553

View attachment 64561

after cutting the hood skin, i used double sided tape to be sure to secure the cut edges, even though they are under the matte black accent panels, and screwed the other side with the factory connections.

View attachment 64569

View attachment 64577

for a finished look like this
View attachment 64537
Absolutely beautiful, I want to o this to my ride. What gave you the most head ache, did you from the top or the underside?

#7 ·
I keep on waiting to see one just like this, but with lightly tinted plexiglass to cover what is exposed.

That way you could see through, but still be protected from rain and odd wind turbulence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.