Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Has anyone developed a solution? My dealership doesn't have a clue. It was thought to be a loose cable from the battery to the 3 fuses near the battery, but after 4 days, it reared it ugly head again. They also said that it may be the optimum battery I put in it last year and, which has been it in for over a year. I have a 2017 SL with 11k miles. This seems to be something that has been happening for years and I would think that Polaris would have fixed it. Anyone have any thing I can try or have the dealer try?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hello,

Has anyone developed a solution? My dealership doesn't have a clue. It was thought to be a loose cable from the battery to the 3 fuses near the battery, but after 4 days, it reared it ugly head again. They also said that it may be the optimum battery I put in it last year and, which has been it in for over a year. I have a 2017 SL with 11k miles. This seems to be something that has been happening for years and I would think that Polaris would have fixed it. Anyone have any thing I can try or have the dealer try?
I have seen a couple ways people have done it. let me see if I can find pics?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a "check engine" code that reads 0 65557 with a 9 below and also a 1 84 with a 12 under it. Attaching pics. Anyone know what this means?

I was driving the slingshot and it acted like the key got turned off and back on again. The speedo and tach went full scale to zero, then back to the "real" reading and all the dash lights came on. Also the power steering went dead for a second. The engine seemed to stay running during this event but its hard to tell. It seemed to run but there was not much power. Very discomforting!

I checked the battery connections and they are tight.

Any ideas?

Stability control can messages lost. Can bus messages not present.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a "check engine" code that reads 0 65557 with a 9 below and also a 1 84 with a 12 under it. Attaching pics. Anyone know what this means?

I was driving the slingshot and it acted like the key got turned off and back on again. The speedo and tach went full scale to zero, then back to the "real" reading and all the dash lights came on. Also the power steering went dead for a second. The engine seemed to stay running during this event but its hard to tell. It seemed to run but there was not much power. Very discomforting!

I checked the battery connections and they are tight.

Any ideas?

I found wires cut by the driver's side steering gear box steering shaft rubbing on harness cut through at the steering shaft joint

21 - 30 of 30 Posts