Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a photo that I haven't seen on the forum anywhere yet that has information on the SS. I thought it may be helpful to some of you.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Not sure of what the exhaust emission system acronyms mean but I see no mention of catalyst so I'm guessing there is no catalytic converter, which is a very good thing.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Yep it has a cat insert for sure. Every motorcycle comes with one.

Reactions: Mike Mtl

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Ahh... Cat Must be hidden under the heat shield. I'd find it hard to believe that it would be integrated with the muffler.

Wondering how this impacts my plans for an aftermarket header. Some cars have pre and post cat O2 sensors. That too would complicate things. I'll want to ride it stock for awhile anyway. SM's reviews sound like it's a blast as-is.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Ahh... Cat Must be hidden under the heat shield. I'd find it hard to believe that it would be integrated with the muffler.

Wondering how this impacts my plans for an aftermarket header. Some cars have pre and post cat O2 sensors. That too would complicate things. I'll want to ride it stock for awhile anyway. SM's reviews sound like it's a blast as-is.
Its inside the muffler. Probably like every one I have cut open on my spyders and motorcycles. Its probably a small 6 inch long unit inside the loop in the muffler.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Its inside the muffler. Probably like every one I have cut open on my spyders and motorcycles. Its probably a small 6 inch long unit inside the loop in the muffler.
Hope your version is the correct one. That at least makes adding the header possible in most states.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Guess I'll have to see what it looks like when it gets here.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This may help....

1 7043726 SPRING, EXHAUST, SS 6 USAGE
2 1262645 ASM., RESONATOR, INT. CAT. 1 USAGE
3 3610211 SEAL, EXHAUST, SOCKET 2 USAGE
4 1262409 ASM., CATALYST, EXHAUST 1 USAGE
5 24505057 GASKET, EXHAUST, GM 1 USAGE
6 11516328 SCREW, GM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts