Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no electric to anything on my 2018 slingshot chasis. The motor starts and runs, but no electric to anything else. I have checked fuses at the battery terminal, cleaned battery terminals etc but nothing works. Would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
347 Posts
You say that you checked the fuses at the battery terminal, did you check the terminal itself inside where the fuses connect. Would also suggest that you check the ground connections to the frame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent idea on the fuse block itself. Will work on it tomorrow. Thanks, will let you know the results. Thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent idea on the fuse block itself. Will work on it tomorrow. Thanks, will let you know the results. Thanks again
I decided to work on it tonight. Yes that was the problem. The fuse terminals were ok. But found the wiring beyond the fuse block to be loose. Problem fixed. Thank you for leading me in the right direction

616 Posts
I decided to work on it tonight. Yes that was the problem. The fuse terminals were ok. But found the wiring beyond the fuse block to be loose. Problem fixed. Thank you for leading me in the right direction
@Volkensjk:

Have you had the fuse block recall performaed on your Slingshot? I ask because this issue can lead to the symptoms you're reporting.

616 Posts
No I have not. Do I contact my dealer about that?
It's a good thing to check into. If your machine is involved, and many were, you'll get a new updated rear fuse block and wiring installed at no charge to you. Along the way, Polaris discovered that the original design proved inadequate to carry the substantial electrical current involved, and as it is a potential fire safety hazard, they have been good about updating the involved Slingshots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts