Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone listen to the full earning call this morning ?
I had it on, but was pulled away for most of it. I thought I heard them discussing at the end that there were paint issues with the Slingshot and one of the motorcycles ( Indian for Victory ) and this was causing delays.
The new system is called "liquid paint" and they said it would take several more month we work out all the kinks.
Not trying to start another rumor that is why I am asking for conformation of what I heard.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Per Polaris Earnings Conference Webinar this AM: "Constraints in painting at Spirit Lake."
After listening to the 3rd quarter earnings webinar this AM I have full confidence that Polaris (PII) is in the business to make a profit (duh!) and they are fully capable of doing so. They have a terrific product in the SS. They are well aware of the high interest in it (through social media) and the current preorders for it. They will do what ever it takes to maximize their "foot print in the 3 wheel market" (as they put it).

No doubt most members of this forum are disappointed they aren't out riding by now, but no amount of grousing is going to change Polaris's plans.

It is apparent to me they are doing what they can to satisfy this intense interest and initial demand while not prematurely introducing a flawed product to the market place.

I counsel patience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts