Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several months with my Codeman exhaust mod, I decided to swap out the "Flowguard (Flowmaster copy) muffler for a Dynomax super turbo that I found on eBay. Only $35 and I'm very pleased after a couple of days. The sound is more rich and powerful at the right times and yet it softens up and quiets down at others. Precisely what I wanted. Not to lose all the rumble yet quiet it down some.
What I didn't expect was how it opened up the air flow and power noticeably. My Alpha CAI now gulps like it is supposed to and the power add is not a myth. Feels like an inexpensive win for me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
After several months with my Codeman exhaust mod, I decided to swap out the "Flowguard (Flowmaster copy) muffler for a Dynomax super turbo that I found on eBay. Only $35 and I'm very pleased after a couple of days. The sound is more rich and powerful at the right times and yet it softens up and quiets down at others. Precisely what I wanted. Not to lose all the rumble yet quiet it down some.
What I didn't expect was how it opened up the air flow and power noticeably. My Alpha CAI now gulps like it is supposed to and the power add is not a myth. Feels like an inexpensive win for me.
Which model muffler was it?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Did you remove the cat on your install?

·
Vendor
542 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Are you getting fumes into the passenger side with the "Codeman-Exhaust" ?????????????
...................tom n carol
exhaust-sligshotMod.jpg

·
Registered
545 Posts
Is this muffler a direct flow thru type or is it chambered?
Larry

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
@Carbon_One .here is some info...i think WAGNER is maker of this also.?
Dynomax Super Turbo - Exhaust Muffler
Part Number: 17733
Line: DMX
  • Universal

Detailed Description
DynoMax(R) Super Turbo(TM) performance mufflers exclusive patented flow director design channels exhaust flow and eliminates turbulence. The large internal flow tubes improve exhaust flow and reduce backpressure. Each muffler uses fiberglass matting technology to absorb unwanted interior resonance while maintaining a mellow performance tone.

Additional Details
  • Muffler Shape: Oval
  • Number Of Inlets: 1
  • Number Of Outlets: 1
  • Muffler Body Height (In): 4-1/4 Inch
  • Muffler Body Length (In): 14 Inch
  • Muffler Body Material: Steel
  • Muffler Body Width (In): 9-3/4 Inch
  • Muffler Finish: Aluminized
  • Muffler Inlet Attachment Method: Pipe
  • Muffler Inlet Location: Offset
  • Muffler Inlet Size (In): 2-1/2 Inch
  • Muffler Outlet Attachment Method: Pipe
  • Muffler Outlet Location: Offset
  • Muffler Outlet Size (In): 2-1/2 Inch
  • Muffler Overall Length (In): 18-1/2 Inch
  • Muffler Type: Combination
  • Reversible Muffler: Yes
  • Universal Or Direct Fit: Universal

·
Vendor
542 Posts
But in all seriousness, would you consider making a @jonv version of that to replace the fart-can so guys with ties have it nice (with no rice)? (Yeah, I ain't no urban-thug wrapper.)

*sic

I can do that muffler no problem. We use oval mufflers on our current set ups. They're not fart cans!! Lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts