Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after browsing under the hood i notice the frame as the electrical plugs and the housing for the dual headlamps (Canadian model) so.......i just order 2 spare headlights and the new facia and ill be installing them in the SS so now ill have 2 lights on each side and the 2 in the center.........talk about "let there be light" :_)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
after browsing under the hood i notice the frame as the electrical plugs and the housing for the dual headlamps (Canadian model) so.......i just order 2 spare headlights and the new facia and ill be installing them in the SS so now ill have 2 lights on each side and the 2 in the center.........talk about "let there be light" :_)
Will all 6 be lit all the time?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great question, will mount a toggle switch on the 2 and do it that way, goal is to have it look like the UFO in close encounters of the 3rd kind....DUM, Dum Dum Dum DONNNNNN (music)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Let there be light indeed :)
Will all 6 be lit all the time?
@NightFlyer all six are lit differently,
I'll start from the outside and work my way into the center:
The first light H3 is on all the time.
Second light (Canadian model) is on when you put the highbeam, but it has a little lightbulb on the bottom of it that's runs all the time (we changed it to a led lightbulb and it is a strong as the first light).
Third light, center H9 is on all the time, and it has a shutter that is triggered when you put the highbeams on (The shutter changes the angle of the loop and creates a highbeam affect).

I hope this helps to understand how the system works

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Let there be light indeed :)

@NightFlyer all six are lit differently,
I'll start from the outside and work my way into the center:
The first light H3 is on all the time.
Second light (Canadian model) is on when you put the highbeam, but it has a little lightbulb on the bottom of it that's runs all the time (we changed it to a led lightbulb and it is a strong as the first light).
Third light, center H9 is on all the time, and it has a shutter that is triggered when you put the highbeams on (The shutter changes the angle of the loop and creates a highbeam affect).

I hope this helps to understand how the system works
yes, that helps. Is that "second" light also a H3?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts