Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went through YouTube etc trying to figure this out because my dealership is dropping us and service.
I saw one that said if you jack up the back by the swing arm you could get enough tension off to wrestle the belt of.
I did that but found I could take of the brake and place it out of gear and rotate the wheel and belt with enough pressure applied to simply walk the belt off and the new belt back on!
Okay so it that is possible what did I do wrong because nothing slingshot is that easy??????:rolleyes:
So I would think that if you lost a belt on the road if you had a jack and a few tools you could replace it in route?

So now the new belt is on what do I need to do about tension adjustment some say belt should run close up to the inside edge, other say the center. I replaced it because the deanship said it need replacement, actually the old belt doesn't look that bad so I will keep it for a spare.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
A Slingshot drive belt is supposed to last approximately 150,000 miles unles it gets damaged from running off-center or from road debris damage. As long as you can't see any visible damage to the belt, it's probably still good.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not even close one went at 10,000 the other 20,000 and I take good care of the slingshot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts