Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Disruptive --> IG /Facebook
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I got the Base model (the fast one :D) I decided to get the double bubble and not the single windshield.

Keep in mind that I am not wearing a helmet. Just glasses.

I drove the Slingshot without it and it sucked :mooning: . The wind in the face was a bit too much :yuck: you cannot talk to the person next to you after hitting 40mph ...:wtf:

The instructions say it takes 15 minutes. Not true. it takes 5 minutes max.

It makes a huge difference. I am 5'9" so I sit about an inch taller than the visor which for me is perfect. The wind did not bother me and I was able to maintain a conversation at around 80mph... :cool:

It does look like Batman's car !

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Looks good, I was curious about the talking which you already covered, thank you.
What about the amount of air flow in the middle of the cockpit between the seat?

·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good, I was curious about the talking which you already covered, thank you.
What about the amount of air flow in the middle of the cockpit between the seat?

I live in South Florida, which is hot all the time, so I wanted airflow in the cabin. it flows really nice and im sure it will be a great thing to have during the hotter days in summer.
Like I mentioned, I I was able to keep a conversation rolling at 80mph in the highway and it felt comfortable at slower speeds because air flows inside.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I live in South Florida, which is hot all the time, so I wanted airflow in the cabin. it flows really nice and im sure it will be a great thing to have during the hotter days in summer.
Like I mentioned, I I was able to keep a conversation rolling at 80mph in the highway and it felt comfortable at slower speeds because air flows inside.
Yes I think that is exactly it, a very good option for those hotter times of the year. With a 5 minute install, might not be a bad idea to have both on hand for us northern riders.
Was the added air flow moving around the entire cockpit or just through the middle?

·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I think that is exactly it, a very good option for those hotter times of the year. With a 5 minute install, might not be a bad idea to have both on hand for us northern riders.
Was the added air flow moving around the entire cockpit or just through the middle?
mainly the middle area. If I leaned to the passenger I could feel a lot of air, then sitting straight I just felt a nice flow...

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have a question for you I am 5-7 will the top of the bubble in in my sight line or just below? I have a base coming and have been back and forth on which windshield to get. I want the air flow of the bubble in the summer but I don't want the top of the bubble in the line of sight. Thanks

·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a question for you I am 5-7 will the top of the bubble in in my sight line or just below? I have a base coming and have been back and forth on which windshield to get. I want the air flow of the bubble in the summer but I don't want the top of the bubble in the line of sight. Thanks
It all depends on your riding position. Some people drive straight and some people like to lean they seat back. It will just take a little to get used to.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I will say it's enough wind in the middle to blow an almost empty soda cup out of the cup holder! I'm 6' and my wife is 5'1. With helmets on its almost impossible to talk above 60mph

·
Registered
791 Posts
I will say it's enough wind in the middle to blow an almost empty soda cup out of the cup holder! I'm 6' and my wife is 5'1. With helmets on its almost impossible to talk above 60mph
That's a good point, the center air and the cup holder drinks. I have the SL and am considering getting the bubbles as an option and hearing about the hot weather I think it makes sense to have both. 5 minutes really?

·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is 2 screws per side, total of 4 screws... Yes, 5 minutes.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I ordered a base with double bubbles too, for the very reason above . . . bat mobile.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Totally agree that the blades are more than adequate. In WI @ 32F the air flow is channeled above my head with the blade (6' 4") and the center area did get moist in the rain but not sopping. Also, 5 minutes is an accurate estimate for install. 4 rubber expansion plugs, 4 torques bolts, 4 rubber washers to protect plastic lip on blades. Don't over-torque! It is possible to snap the plastic.

·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is getting warmer now and your SlingShot driving experience will change... Once you stop at a light or even just cruising around at slow speeds the heat comes from the engine into the cabin by the pedals and it gets really hot.

It is great to have that air flow in the cabin and dissipate the heat. Trust me on that one.

Get ready people because you will want the double bubble when summer arrives.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Is getting warmer now and your SlingShot driving experience will change... Once you stop at a light or even just cruising around at slow speeds the heat comes from the engine into the cabin by the pedals and it gets really hot.

It is great to have that air flow in the cabin and dissipate the heat. Trust me on that one.

I had a totally unexpected result of riding at speeds with the double bubble - one that I would have never thought of if I didn't see it happen. I had a 44 oz soda with a straw in the front cup position of the cup holder. The wind turbulence between the two windshields was so great, it sucked the straw out of the cup and out the passenger side opening. I felt it hit my arm and it caught my attention quick enough to watch it fly. Sure glad there were no bikes following close behind or who knows where it would have gone and how pissed he would have been to see it coming at him. Just fyi, drink from a bottle

·
Registered
152 Posts

I'm going to try and wait for F4 to make their own version of the double bubble but I have to agree.. When stopped at a light or in slow moving traffic it feels like the heater is blowing on your feet. We haven't even hit real summer here in florida and the wife's only complaint was the passenger footwell area is very hot.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
But will the double bubble help that much when you are at a stop? I'm thinking maybe more insulation will help when you are sitting in traffic or at a light......just wondering out loud.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts