Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because they will just get removed. 4nines removed my pic because "Polaris requested he take it down".

Why have a pictures section if people aren't allowed to post pics? Pretty stupid if you ask me.

I don't see this forum being around too long with this sort of behavior.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Honestly, I suspect we'll be around longer if we don't tick off the manufacturer of the machine we're all here for. Better to have them on our side, no?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Their will be millions of dollars spent on marketing this product. Just like the Indian motorcycle launch last year they like to keep things under wraps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If the manufacturer requests you remove a pic you either do it or risk forever alienating yourself from them. Polaris is very hands on in these communities and I personally want them to be a "friend" of ours going forward. Having an exclusive is hardly worth souring a potentially good relationship. Just my opinion

·
Registered
7 Posts
Because they will just get removed. 4nines removed my pic because "Polaris requested he take it down".

Why have a pictures section if people aren't allowed to post pics? Pretty stupid if you ask me.

I don't see this forum being around too long with this sort of behavior.
There will be plenty of photos come July .

·
Registered
619 Posts
That's not right ,if someone's got a photo show it . I'm about tired of all the secret squirrel stuff any way . Damn by now a person should know what it looks like ,what motor and what color ........at least . Makes me wonder if it's all going to be worth it

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's not right ,if someone's got a photo show it . I'm about tired of all the secret squirrel stuff any way . Damn by now a person should know what it looks like ,what motor and what color ........at least . Makes me wonder if it's all going to be worth it
I just wanted to see the pic and what was so revealing about it that it had to be removed. Makes me wonder if the people who run the website work for Polaris. o_O

·
Registered
619 Posts
I was told ,as part of the build up till the day the thing hit's the streets Polaris starts up these sites to see what the public view is . Just looking at this site it's not very many people even cares , I just took for granted that this was a Polaris site . I have read that Polaris ran into some trouble with it and that why 1/2 the summer is over and still no toy on the show room floor to play with ,,,,,,at least they could show us what we wasted 1/2 the summer hanging out to buy and if it's even worth our time .

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was told ,as part of the build up till the day the thing hit's the streets Polaris starts up these sites to see what the public view is . Just looking at this site it's not very many people even cares , I just took for granted that this was a Polaris site . I have read that Polaris ran into some trouble with it and that why 1/2 the summer is over and still no toy on the show room floor to play with ,,,,,,at least they could show us what we wasted 1/2 the summer hanging out to buy and if it's even worth our time .
Yeah that's true. I know many companies do that.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I swear, entitlement is modern unbridled id with no respect or consideration.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Half the summer? We're only 3 weeks in! And the release date has been set, with an intended slow reveal of anticipation. How hard is that to understand? You get mad at people for saying they're having a baby, but don't reveal or even want to know the sex? Seriously, there are so few occasions in life where we get to be surprised, that you should just enjoy the hype and anticipation like you're waiting for Christmas . . . Christmas in July!!

Also, if you haven't at least seen the one pic by now, you suck at the interwebs.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Myself and my two college friends own this site. We all met back in the day because we were into cars and racing. We do our best to keep a good relationship with the manufacturer so that everyone has a nice forum to discuss their favorite new vehicle. If that means removing a photo that accidentally gets leaked then so be it. Otherwise, we WILL have the best information on the web about the Slingshot and as quickly as it hits the web. Here's the photo that was leaked so that everyone can get their fix.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts