Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the folks working on my SS at alpha just brought something to my attention ... some recalls were just posted (seems like a couple days ago) for the Slingshot.

POLARIS® INDUSTRIES VOLUNTARILY ISSUES SAFETY ADVISORY FOR SLINGSHOTS | Polaris Industries

And you can plug in your VIN here to see if you have a recall -> [http://www.polaris.com/en-us/rider-support/on-road-recalls]

I apparently have three recalls

Recall Summary:
STAT-O-SEAL REPLACEMENT
Recall Number:
T-16-02

Recall Summary:
FUEL LINE REPLACE CLIP INSPECT
Recall Number:
T-16-03-A

Recall Summary:
SWINGARM REPLACEMENT
Recall Number:
T-16-06-DA

Seems it may have to do with the Slingshot catching Fire below (cue GhostRider joke here), but details on the cause are rather lacking.

Polaris Slingshot Goes Up in Flames on Highway - New Recall to Follow?

Go get your recalls guys...

·
Banned
209 Posts
THANK YOU.

So the folks working on my SS at alpha just brought something to my attention ... some recalls were just posted (seems like a couple days ago) for the Slingshot.

POLARIS® INDUSTRIES VOLUNTARILY ISSUES SAFETY ADVISORY FOR SLINGSHOTS | Polaris Industries

And you can plug in your VIN here to see if you have a recall -> [http://www.polaris.com/en-us/rider-support/on-road-recalls]

I apparently have three recalls

Recall Summary:
STAT-O-SEAL REPLACEMENT
Recall Number:
T-16-02

Recall Summary:
FUEL LINE REPLACE CLIP INSPECT
Recall Number:
T-16-03-A

Recall Summary:
SWINGARM REPLACEMENT
Recall Number:
T-16-06-DA

Seems it may have to do with the Slingshot catching Fire below (cue GhostRider joke here), but details on the cause are rather lacking.

Polaris Slingshot Goes Up in Flames on Highway - New Recall to Follow?

Go get your recalls guys...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Welcome to yesterday. ;-)
Sorry, I hate duplicating information myself too - but I didn't realize someone had already mentioned it. I did search for any references to "Recall" in the title before posting, and for some reason, at the time of posting this, nothing came up that was posted within the past week... :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Better to see info twice, than not have it out there....
I think the owner of the other thread about the recent recall just edited the title to include the word recall. I swear I checked for recent threads with the word recall in the title, and nothing came up.

I'm OCD about not starting duplicate threads but unfortunately, I can't delete this one either ;)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Glad to see Polaris stepping up to the plate, especially with the swing arm issues experienced by many here.
Fingers crossed that the replacements fare better than the Galaxy Note 7'!
Robert

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have those same three recalls that you refer to above ^ May need to wait until the spring, it's getting a bit too cold out here to ride it!

Reactions: sooey2u and kagai

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up on the recalls, I have the same three recalls, headlight recall fixed at 500 mile check-up. Didn't know about the other two recalls. Time for another dealer visit. Thanks again.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In other news....stock of the Tire company that Polaris uses on their Rear Wheel experienced record gains.

After all is said and done, that rear wheel is pretty much the only thing that the Insurance company can put on Ebay....

ssfire.JPG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts