Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned Porsche and Vettes (not exotic) but I did get to drive some fine cars over the years. Does anyone own an exotic and keep a Slingshot around to actually drive?

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Owned lots of exotics...Axis, Sika, Fallow, Blackbuck, Kudu, Addax to name a few...
DKF - you are leaps and bounds above my experience here. I has hoping to rutt out more mechanical shares. LOL

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I need to expound.... Please PM about the dancers (references, videos, pics) are encouraged and required.

Mechanical can post here please.

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Owned several what I would consider semi exotics, but not what I would consider exotic.
Care to share? I'm guessing Alpine...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Depends what you mean by exotic. I've had a KTM X-Bow, Atom, Aston Martin DBS, Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Audi RS6, Lotus 340R, Lots of Porsches. At the moment I have a 911 GTS as my daily and the Slingshot as a toy.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Depends what you mean by exotic. I've had a KTM X-Bow, Atom, Aston Martin DBS, Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Audi RS6, Lotus 340R, Lots of Porsches. At the moment I have a 911 GTS as my daily and the Slingshot as a toy.
Gotta ask.... How's the Slingshot compared to the X-Bow?
Love the Astons.... Sadly the term exotic would not describe my past loves.... Different maybe but not exotic.

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
You are just the person I need to ask questions. I know they are different (price, wheel count.....) . How would you rank the X-Bow, Atom and Sling in order of fun? Why? Most importantly, did I do well in the "bang for your buck" by getting the Slingshot. I couldn't afford the others at the moment any way but have always wondered.

You have owned quite a few of my "would love to get" cars.

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess your answer to my question is "yes". I know Nurburgring and several other european tracks. I'm good crew and towel boy. I've only driven two of the cars you have owned. I'm a big Porsche fanboy and have played with the guys out of Stuttgart. Hope to meet up someday. Steve

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
I one dated an exotic dancer once - ok I paid here didn't really date her - not sure if that qualifies.
We did have a Braham Formula Ford - bought it wrecked from some rich kid who crashed in the second turn of his first ride.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
I one dated an exotic dancer once - ok I paid here didn't really date her - not sure if that qualifies.
We did have a Braham Formula Ford - bought it wrecked from some rich kid who crashed in the second turn of his first ride.
Pics of both, please! :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
So I'm new to the Slingshot so still exploring the handling and limits, but the X-Bow is wonderful. A car that generates that much downforce requires you to recalibrate your brain for the speed it can carry through corners. It really does feel like a race-car for the road. Coupled with mostly Audi running gear and a carbon fibre chassis then you have an incredibly high quality and reliable package. The only killer for me was short service intervals and an 800 mile round trip for a service. In the UK where we get rather a lot of rain that could be a pain. Atom - fast in a straight line, not so much in the corners. Pretty reliable but you never felt as safe as in the X-Bow - certainly couldn't get the power down as early in the corners. As you'd imagine the Slingshot feels like the slowest, but is good fun and I'm still learning to trust the single rear wheel through the corners.

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
DSCF1404.JPG
Pictures of the dancer - Can't do the big Russian bouncer took my camera.
The Formula - I may not have a picture of the original but built a show car with an indy style body, I will have to hunt down a picture as that was 30 years ago and nothing was digital.
OK all I have is a picture of a picture, as I said we just built it as a show car. This picture is before all the final tweaking and final paint. Finished color was red. If you know hat the older Formula Fords looked like you can see there are very few original body parts. Just some snot nosed kids building stuff in dads garage.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wow you are my hero ! Those are all such amazing cars . Was the ktm legal to drive here ? I do have a 06 lotus exige that I got new which is really fun as you know. Also did you have the 340 here. As a track car ?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts