Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the Stowaway Soft Top for my 19 SLR. Does anyone have this installed? Is it any good? Any issues? I like the look because it stores very handily and seems to be able to be deployed quickly if you need it.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,812 Posts
I have the Twist Dynamics top, here is a picture with the top off. I have owned 4 different tops and this is my favorite.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I like how good the EZ out Ttop looks with the top folded up in the middle.
Obviously, the ease of getting in/out with the Ttop style also.
For me, alot of the other soft roof tops out there look too much like a dune buggy when the roof is off.
Wish I could have scored one when the timing was right for me.

Just me,
Webby

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,812 Posts
Why is this top your fa vorite?
[/QUOTE]

Couple of reasons...

1. 1st things 1st...it's the most versatile of all the tops out there. Since it has been out virtually since day 1, there are a lot of modifications that people have made for it. Luggage racks, bike racks, downward firing speakers, hard top options, and a host of other things you can't do with some of the other tops like the Slingshade or Twist Dynamics gull wing. Which are both excellent options as well.
2. The price...if you catch them on sale, they are around $1k. If you can make it to one of the Slingshot Roadsters Events, they can be found around that price all day and they will install it for you.
3. You can take your top to any automotive upholstry shop and they can customize the top to whatever look you want. It sounds like a small thing...but when you are in a crowd of people with cool vehicles...something small might be what sets you apart from the rest of the crowd.
4. Quick take off and on. Some people have seen me take the top canvas off so fast they literally can't believe I can do it that fast. Even people that own the same top have just been shocked. Once you figure it out, you can do it and roll it up at a stop light if you had to. Putting it back on is kind of an art...but that is if you are OCD about perfect alignment. If you are looking to just get quick shade or get a little rain coverage...it can be put back on in under 2 minutes. Once off, you can roll it up and stow it away till you need it. I have mine off about 90% of the time. For road trips, it's a life save and being able to carry it with you is great.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Couple of reasons...

1. 1st things 1st...it's the most versatile of all the tops out there. Since it has been out virtually since day 1, there are a lot of modifications that people have made for it. Luggage racks, bike racks, downward firing speakers, hard top options, and a host of other things you can't do with some of the other tops like the Slingshade or Twist Dynamics gull wing. Which are both excellent options as well.
2. The price...if you catch them on sale, they are around $1k. If you can make it to one of the Slingshot Roadsters Events, they can be found around that price all day and they will install it for you.
3. You can take your top to any automotive upholstry shop and they can customize the top to whatever look you want. It sounds like a small thing...but when you are in a crowd of people with cool vehicles...something small might be what sets you apart from the rest of the crowd.
4. Quick take off and on. Some people have seen me take the top canvas off so fast they literally can't believe I can do it that fast. Even people that own the same top have just been shocked. Once you figure it out, you can do it and roll it up at a stop light if you had to. Putting it back on is kind of an art...but that is if you are OCD about perfect alignment. If you are looking to just get quick shade or get a little rain coverage...it can be put back on in under 2 minutes. Once off, you can roll it up and stow it away till you need it. I have mine off about 90% of the time. For road trips, it's a life save and being able to carry it with you is great.
[/QUOTE]
Can you send me a pick of someone sitting in your SS with the top stowed? My wife wants to see how much sun is blocked by the stowed canvas and storage bag. She is concerned that while stowed, it will still block a lot of her sun....she loves her sun!!

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,812 Posts
Can you send me a pick of someone sitting in your SS with the top stowed? My wife wants to see how much sun is blocked by the stowed canvas and storage bag. She is concerned that while stowed, it will still block a lot of her sun....she loves her sun!!
I'll tell you it doesn't block too much sun. My trip from Traverse City, MI to Colorado Springs, CO I still got a sunburn. lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Currently have a black on black canvass top In the box in my garage brand new. I installed it for 1 day and took it off the second day. I purchased the sling Shade instead. Has all the hardware and is still wrapped in the plastic it came in. Paid 1400 and will let it go for 750. Any parties interested please send me a message shipping is not included it the price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts