Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I usually tell the guys NOT to teach the gals to drive the Slingshot....You'll be riding bitch the rest of your 'days'. Hope your BOTH enjoying the toy.
She only gets to drive it on the weekends. It's my daily driver and I take the long way whenever possible.

On the weekends we take turns, one of us drives out, to where ever we are going, and the other drives back.

We are both having a blast, thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So lately i’ve been having a heavy foot and been really pedal to the metal lately. When i say pedal to the metal, i do like a 2-3 second burnout, fast acceleration etc.

My main concern is, is the slingshot built for this kind of abuse? Take it with a grain of salt as my definition of abuse may slightly differ. I feel like i just drive the slingshot harder than most but it has held up EXTREMELY well no issues whatsoever and i do the maintenance on it.

But my main question is, do you guys ever drive the slingshot like an angry teenager? Any issues?

Thanks in advance
I drive my 2016, like it's stolen. I regularly brake the rear free, and get it to slightly slide sideways, enough to make my traction control to back off the gas pedal. Have not had any issues with it. Just cops telling me to knock it off. Riding it like this is fun, I see no issues with it. Regular and scheduled maintenance will show up any issues. Keep riding fun. They are a blast to ride. I am 60 and been riding motorcycles since I was a teenager. I still pull my Harley into wheelies.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
I drive my 2016, like it's stolen. I regularly brake the rear free, and get it to slightly slide sideways, enough to make my traction control to back off the gas pedal. Have not had any issues with it. Just cops telling me to knock it off. Riding it like this is fun, I see no issues with it. Regular and scheduled maintenance will show up any issues. Keep riding fun. They are a blast to ride. I am 60 and been riding motorcycles since I was a teenager. I still pull my Harley into wheelies.
If your not driving it like it was "Stolen" you probably should have left it in the show room. Since Feb 2015 I've stolen 90,000 miles of fun.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts