Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have researched this a little, but no one has asked quite this question. I don't like roofs- my ss replaced a bike. I like the occasional bug on my forehead and to be able to see 'everywhere'. However, my oncologist says no bikes, or trikes, or convertible cars (no sun). So it's sell our beloved ss or buy a roof. We live in a small town, so I have never seen an ss with a roof, just pics. Question 1: any opinions on what roof is the 'least noticeable', or looks the most like it's 'factory'. Question 2: I have a stock windshield with Baker wings on the sides and top. Would you recommend a taller windshield with a roof?

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Try editing your Thread title to "I don't want a roof, but Dr says otherwise, so please post pics of your Slingshot with roof and particulars..."
Hope fully you'll get enough pics and descriptions to choose one for yourself.
I have had a Twist Dynamics roof since Dec 2015. The first pic shows my old MadStad Single Adjustable Windshield that could be raised or lowered to control airflow into the cockpit. I finally replaced it because I was concerned rain might come in under the shield and ruin my Innovate Motorsports SCG-1 AFR/Boost gauge.
DSCF2050.JPG

As can be seen, the Single Adjustable shield has a slant that doesn't really blend well with the lines of the TD Top.
Here's a link to the NASCAR Style windshield from AllThingsSlingshot. It was reportedly designed to blend with the Polaris Slingshade. I now use it with my TD Top and the angle also works with my TD Top.
. Scroll thru the pics to see a Polaris Slingshade with that windshield.
Hopefully, someone will post pics of the F4Customs or other windshields with some different tops.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Deleted, it didn't really address the OP's main concern of keeping out of the sun where most, (all?), of the SlingShot roofs only, at best, partially protect the occupants from the sun.

Bill

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try editing your Thread title to "I don't want a roof, but Dr says otherwise, so please post pics of your Slingshot with roof and particulars..."
Hope fully you'll get enough pics and descriptions to choose one for yourself.
I have had a Twist Dynamics roof since Dec 2015. The first pic shows my old MadStad Single Adjustable Windshield that could be raised or lowered to control airflow into the cockpit. I finally replaced it because I was concerned rain might come in under the shield and ruin my Innovate Motorsports SCG-1 AFR/Boost gauge.
View attachment 185448
As can be seen, the Single Adjustable shield has a slant that doesn't really blend well with the lines of the TD Top.
Here's a link to the NASCAR Style windshield from AllThingsSlingshot. It was reportedly designed to blend with the Polaris Slingshade. I now use it with my TD Top and the angle also works with my TD Top.
. Scroll thru the pics to see a Polaris Slingshade with that windshield.
Hopefully, someone will post pics of the F4Customs or other windshields with some different tops.
Good Luck.
Thank you very much! I did edit/change my post and headline, good advice. I really like the TD top, to me it looks like it could be a factory soft top. Just curious- are those speakers hanging off the back of the roof support?

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Thank you very much! I did edit/change my post and headline, good advice. I really like the TD top, to me it looks like it could be a factory soft top. Just curious- are those speakers hanging off the back of the roof support?
They're boat speakers and I had them mounted to the ear of the TD Top's frame that mounts to the rear of the roll hoops. I had them on to see how they look, but replaced them with SSV Works Roll Hoop enclosures. Since the Roll Hoop enclkosures are right behind the seatbacks, I feel they are better placed to put sound in my ears and to protect the speakers from large bugs or debris.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, but I just had a stem cell (aka bone marrow) transplant and after researching what can happen to me if I get too much sun I have to sell my ss. This is a sad day for me. I rode street bikes from 1976 until I bought the ss in 2016. Just put the ss in the marketplace and the Phoenix craigs list. I'm going to buy a 20 or 21 mx-5 (miata) when the ss sells. Yeah, I know, but it's about the closest thing to a SS that has full sun protection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts