Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love the look of the stock wheels but I was wondering if they make a rear wheel that looks like this in a 20x11. I have done some searching and have come up with nothing. If they dont I will probably go with the all black slr wheels. Any good place to start looking for those? I figured with all the custom wheels I see around there would be plent of stock slr pulloff wheels. This is the wheel I am looking for in a 20x11. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
I really love the look of the stock wheels but I was wondering if they make a rear wheel that looks like this in a 20x11. I have done some searching and have come up with nothing. If they dont I will probably go with the all black slr wheels. Any good place to start looking for those? I figured with all the custom wheels I see around there would be plent of stock slr pulloff wheels. This is the wheel I am looking for in a 20x11. Thanks for any help.
You can try Polaris...I have one.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks! They're pretty sweet. Just be careful of offsets. I had to put a 5mm spacer on the rear to clear the brakes.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think that all the slingshots will have the same bolt pattern. Look into the Polaris website...for starters.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
A spacer will effectively reduce the offset when the offset is too large. A spacer is useless when the offset is too small.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just gotta be careful with bolt pattern, offset, and I ordered some "sleeves" that went over the hub to make sure the wheel was solidly installed. 15 bucks on eBay.

·
Registered
146 Posts
A spacer will effectively reduce the offset when the offset is too large. A spacer is useless when the offset is too small.
Yeah, if memory serves stock is 45mm and my rear wheel, 50. Close enough but a spacer per my mechanic was definitely need as the brakes were slightly rubbing the wheel.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
@dalancroft is correct. Slingshot offsets for all models are 42 mm Front and 45 mm rear. When adding different wheels use of properly sized hub-centric adapter rings ensures the wheel is centered on the brake hub so the lug nuts can properly secure the wheel centered to the hub. The Slingshot uses a 66.1 mm hub so a hub-centric adapter for the Slingshot will need to adapt a 66.1 mm inner opening (that fits the Slingshot hub) and an outer diameter that fits the new wheel. For example, I run an American Muscle 17x10.5", 28 mm offset wheel meant for a 1994-98 Mustang on the rear of my 2015 Base Slingshot from American Muscle and needed a 66.1 mm inner diameter to 70.3 mm outer diameter hub-centric ring adapter to center the Mustang wheel on the Slingshot hub. Some folks skip the hub-centric adapter and just rely on the lug-nuts to secure the wheel and keep it centered on the hub, but this places additional strain on the lugs and nuts ans can result in problems if the lug-nuts should ever loosen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts