Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sent photos to polaris,
1- Paint Rubbing off by camera in rear of slingshot
2-front panels popping up on hood
3- bubbles in speedometer plastic
4- low rims when in reverse engine putters and putts
Dropping off bike to dealer Tuesday and leaving it there until everything is fixed, also emailing the CEO of Polaris so he knows.

I love polaris but i am beyond ticked off with there low Quality Control, will see what happens monday, kind of reminds me of the crappy quality on the chevy cavalier in the late 80's

Attachments

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the poor QC since they were hurrying to get them out the door, i am confident polaris will make it right and correct

·
Registered
231 Posts
LOL

I think he mean't: They wanted to be on the market so fast, why did they start production so late. If I was Polaris I will want a perfect Ss not an Ss made by men quickly. We pay for it with our hard earned money, Polaris should make it right before leaving the company and production... (thats what I am guessing he meant)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
LOL

I think he mean't: They wanted to be on the market so fast, why did they start production so late. If I was Polaris I will want a perfect Ss not an Ss made by men quickly. We pay for it with our hard earned money, Polaris should make it right before leaving the company and production... (thats what I am guessing he meant)
Yes thanks for the translate :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
It's almost automatic when a company rushes to get a product out the door. That is why I wait 9 months to a year before I buy. I will probably pick one up in May for my birthday. By then I hope most of the small problems will be taken care of and re-engineered.I understand some have to have it yesterday, and that is what is expected.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
sent photos to polaris,
Dropping off bike to dealer Tuesday and leaving it there until everything is fixed, also emailing the CEO of Polaris so he knows.

I love polaris but i am beyond ticked off with there low Quality Control, will see what happens monday, kind of reminds me of the crappy quality on the chevy cavalier in the late 80's
4. This happens on everyone's SS. They programmed a RPM rev limiter in reverse gear. Super annoying. Good luck getting that one fixed.

·
Registered
231 Posts
@Troubleshooter 230 I do kind of agree but at the same time with so many on the forum alone having QC issues, which is a lot and I think everyone is starting to realize that... A lot of these kinds of issues should have been noticed during their testing unless either Polaris changed parts at the last minute or just decided to not care about QC.... How can they (polaris) expect their customers to be the "testers" of their units. I personally feel that if polaris doesn't resolve the issues quickly, they will have lawsuits, lemon laws, and other bigger issues to worry about besides making more SS's and rushing them out the door!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I don't see a big deal with a rev limiter on the reverse. I haven't driven one yet but I can see why they might have done that. There is a reason they installed a back up camera. Backing up with just the side mirrors must be hell and worst if you could speed going backwards. Course I'm 67 and don't plan on backing up at 30mph. LOL

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I don't see a big deal with a rev limiter on the reverse. I haven't driven one yet but I can see why they might have done that. There is a reason they installed a back up camera. Backing up with just the side mirrors must be hell and worst if you could speed going backwards. Course I'm 67 and don't plan on backing up at 30mph. LOL
You will see the issue when you drive one. This limiter is set very low. Sometimes I bounce off of it when I am backing up over bumps or up small inclines.

I would have been just fine with a speed limiter at 15-20 mph.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you find anything out this morning?
nope, the 2 folks i am reaching out to that are on the PM team are back tomorrow, hope to get feedback tomorrow, will share, i still believe they will make things right,,,,learning process on a new product

·
Registered
852 Posts
sent photos to polaris,

Won't they just make you work through the local dealer?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts