Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My slingshot needs to have brakes bled and steering aligned. According to the maintenance manual I need Digital Wrench to make these happen. This software is not available to anyone but a dealer. The dealers in my area are not taking appointments for months due to Covid. This is basic maintenance I should have a way to perform on my own. Is anyone aware of another way to makes this happen?

Kind of ticked Polaris locks us more technical owners out from working on our vehicles.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,839 Posts
Software wise...there is no other option. Alignment can be done manually. Brake bleed...only the old school way. If it's for the soft squishy braking issue, there are a couple of articles on it...but in the last 6 years I have tried everything and none of them have worked for me.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I don't normally work on brakes, but I thought I had read about someone bleeding the brake master cylinder and found this via Google.Maybe it will help.

·
Registered
2015 2JZ swapped
413 Posts
Steering alignment is done via the alignment tool Polaris made the dealers purchase a coupe years ago. Unfortunately most dealers shipped the tool back due to high cost and lack of commitment to proper servicing of the Slingshot. As for brake bleed, you can do it old school, but Digital Wrench does make difference and is easy for the dealer to use. I'd suggest getting it to a reputable dealer and having it done. As for alignment, check out the Slingshot events throughout the year, we attend them as a vendor and do alignments (have done them at Maggie Valley, Las Vegas, and Texas).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts