Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer that did the alternator repair had my slingshot parked outside while it was there. When I picked it up it was filthy. I've done 3 car washes on it and its super blotchy and looks like hell. Thoughts on how I should proceed. I've take a lot of pictures so I can't post them here.. but I can share the photo album. The dealer claims they are not liable for damage by the elements.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Those appear to be where hard water has been allowed to spot and dry leaving behind it's minerals, (especially if it is really warm.) It happens every time I forget to wipe down our vehicles after washing it. Unless it caused by chemical contamination of the atmosphere, (smog or acid rain), a good cleaner/wax should remove them for you.

Bill

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm.. I wonder how hard water got on there. We don't hard water here since we have a softener clean it, even for the car hose spigot. My wife has a black R8 and it never has water spots on it.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I wipe the bugs off with a wet rag and than use Turtle Was Ice detailer or wax... My 2016 SL (red) looks very good after 69,000+ miles. The 'Ice' products work on all of the plastic products on the Slingshot. Lots of other good products out there ---- my choice is The Turtle Was Ice. To do a super job on mine generally takes about an hour. (Wheels little more time)

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I can also recommend Turtle Wax Ice products as doing a great job on the Slingshot's plastics. The Turtle Wax Ice line leaves the colored panels clean and the dark body panels and the accent stripes look great w/o any splotchiness after a simple wash and towel dry.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have hard water and everything I wash looks like that. I have a softener too.
chamois right after washing. After I bought a 32’ painted RV I got a filter for rinsing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts