Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen any real detailed information about the driver controls, guages, buttons, hood release, locks, and such! It appears to have cruise control, but not mentioned anywhere. No close ups of tilt lever, hood release, trip meters and reset button, light switches and such. Simple things like there is a key in the ignition on the steering column but a push botton on the dash to start. I can dig some of this information from watching a lot of different videos. Does the steering lock? Is there a Hazard 4 way blinker light?

Where is the fuel guage, Trip reset (lower center of dash?) Light switches and other unlabeled switched on center console. Does the ignition key fit the locking storage and glove box. There are a lot of unanswered questions.

Information on gas mileage is only estimated and not really published anywhere. People are wondering about quarter mile speeds and chirping tires in 3 gears, but I would like to know about gas mileage and if there is carpet in the floors or rubber mats and really how big are the storage areas. A picture of a helmet, rain gear and some additional items in the storage box would give some clues.

All the videos and pictures seem to focus on the performance and good looks and fun. And I understand that! But, I would like to see a little more facts! Just a few up close pictures and explanations would be great to have. Polaris should be adding those weekly to the web site and expand on the specifications and features so you can drill down on the details you want.

The SS is really a great concept and I have allready ordered one without a lot of the detailed information about the everyday things that make the vehicle a keeper for the long term. Polaris is getting a lot of trust from the buyers and it would be good to see some informational videos with some real details addition to all the hype and fun videos!

An owners manual online would be good! Just a totorial and pictures about basic features would be helpful! Come on Polaris, give us some of the details!

I love the concept and look forward to owning one, but some solid information would be appreciated!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I agree Gary, have searched the net for countless hrs looking for such info and a owners manual or repair manual, really wouldn't take Polaris long to copy and paste that info here or another site, preferably here, lol. Besides, for the length of time that we have to wait, THAT kind of reading and studying would be food for the soul !!! :banghead:

·
Registered
843 Posts
On this one you can see the SET button for the Cruise Control...It's the only picture i find we can see pedals!!
I agree with you need more close picture...ok for the fun part...but the comfort is important too!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have not seen any real detailed information about the driver controls, guages, buttons, hood release, locks, and such! It appears to have cruise control, but not mentioned anywhere. No close ups of tilt lever, hood release, trip meters and reset button, light switches and such. Simple things like there is a key in the ignition on the steering column but a push botton on the dash to start. I can dig some of this information from watching a lot of different videos. Does the steering lock? Is there a Hazard 4 way blinker light?
There is Cruise control. It is a little weird at first but you can get used to it.

Lever to release hood is at the front of the hood by the two center headlights. You release the hood by pushing down as opposed to lifting as what feels natural to most of us.

Steering column does lock and there is a fair amount of adjustment.

There is a hazard switch and traction Control switch under the radio or Cubby.

Where is the fuel guage, Trip reset (lower center of dash?) Light switches and other unlabeled switched on center console. Does the ignition key fit the locking storage and glove box. There are a lot of unanswered questions.
Fuel gauge is digital in the center of the Speedo. There are no light switches (unless you have a Canadian model which does have a master switch) The smallblack button is a momentary switch that allows you to toggle through screens and settings. You can reset your trip computers enter your security key etc with that black circle button.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I think we're all in agreement on this one. Provide the details! Show the detailed pictures! Publish the performance specs! Come on already, the natives are getting restless.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I think we're all in agreement on this one. Provide the details! Show the detailed pictures! Publish the performance specs! Come on already, the natives are getting restless.
I don't think Polaris read what we write here! They are busy to send the SS...lol

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Yep, I've got a picture of the cruise and the storage if you guys needed that too.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts