Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possible conceptual idea for enhanced Media / Audio control interface for the Polaris Slingshot. Imagine a 7″ Double Din tablet to integrate into your Slingshot to control things such as your stereo system and accessory lighting. Using an Android powered tablet as your head unit allows you to utilize amazing features like: Bluetooth, Wifi, 3G, Tethering, Operating System Updates, App Store accessibility, External Amplifier Support, Multiple Camera Integration, and more. The tablet would mount magnetically allowing you to easily remove it to prevent theft or water damage. The mounting kit would provide a smooth but tight fit allowing the magnets to hold the tablet in place even during the harshest acceleration and cornering. Below is an example of what the double din tablet might look like integrated into the dash of the Polaris Slingshot. Obviously this is just a concept, but fun to think about if you live in a fair weather state.
double-din-concept.jpg

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Can you give more details on how the camera system would work? Is it just a camera connected via Bluetooth?

Also, what would be the best way to keep this thing charged?

I really like this idea. Looks really nice!

·
Vendor
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you give more details on how the camera system would work? Is it just a camera connected via Bluetooth?

Also, what would be the best way to keep this thing charged?

I really like this idea. Looks really nice!
The cameras would connect through an A/V Bluetooth receiver to avoid a wiring harness. The charging of the device could either be done in dash or in home before leaving.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Did you ever move forward on this?

I think that your SSV Works package is the perfect for running a tablet. Now I just have to get camera inputs for a tablet and figure out how to make it shut off when the ignition goes off (probably an app for that).

·
Registered
360 Posts
That's why I'm looking at a tablet. You can get waterproof covers pretty inexpensive ($60) compared to a waterproof cover for a double-din stereo ($160 from Germany and have to modify to fit the SS).

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Consider mounting the tablet via a ram mount to the windshield brace to be able to swivel for viewing in sunlight! I'm sure that the 'cubby' assembly is fairly inexpensive to fill the hole on the SS/LE for some goodie storage!

·
Registered
925 Posts
This concept is what I use for my system now. Iphone 6+ works great, all my music, back up camera via wifi and my phone is mounted using Scosche magnets. Theft proof as I take it with me whenever I get out of my SS. Bluetooth amplifier (Kenwood) w/water proof remote control. Works great and music is nice a clean sounding.

·
Registered
358 Posts
This concept is what I use for my system now. Iphone 6+ works great, all my music, back up camera via wifi and my phone is mounted using Scosche magnets. Theft proof as I take it with me whenever I get out of my SS. Bluetooth amplifier (Kenwood) w/water proof remote control. Works great and music is nice a clean sounding.
I have an Iphone6+ -- what are you using for the backup camera and do you just use some sort of App or what to turn on the camera when going into Reverse?

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have an Iphone6+ -- what are you using for the backup camera and do you just use some sort of App or what to turn on the camera when going into Reverse?
For the camera I use this one from amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H3ZN3JK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Along with this for the wifi...and the software you download from iTunes: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UEEWZMI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

I wanted to have mines wired so I could see the rear anytime I wanted to....as I am driving and sometime pull up to a stop I can record or take a picture to my Iphone6+ anyone that gets to close.... or if I just need to see what's behind me anytime and not be in reverse for the camera to operate. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Before I wait, do you have a price range? I am just looking to do simple

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Before I wait, do you have a price range? I am just looking to do simple

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Hey Deaf, we have multiple options coming.. we're actually starting with the most elaborate solution first. Multiple camera support, bluetooth, video inputs, video outputs, touchscreen, iphone control, curb alert video integration, with a billet aluminum bezel and locking system for anti-theft dash integration. This will be in the $800 range.. the others will be half that but with much less functionality.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Hey Deaf, we have multiple options coming.. we're actually starting with the most elaborate solution first. Multiple camera support, bluetooth, video inputs, video outputs, touchscreen, iphone control, curb alert video integration, with a billet aluminum bezel and locking system for anti-theft dash integration. This will be in the $800 range.. the others will be half that but with much less functionality.
Please include the ICBM launch feature...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts