Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a lot of us will probably take delivery in the next few weeks, a checklist on some of the items to check at pick-up for would be great.
I have read, battery cable loose , bubbles on gauges, speakers loose, etc.

A go to place, like this thread would be great to print and take with us.

Ok, all you lucky guys, and Gal, chime in with a heads up for us.

·
Registered
291 Posts
After seeing one in person, I would look at:

- Paint fit and finish on the edges of panels (rear especially). Both the SL and Base I saw had bad edges (sharp plastic and 'gloopy' clear coat). Not really much you can do about that.

- Hood latches secured properly. We saw that guy say his popped up at 65mph. Ouch!

- Did I see another thread about some fluid leakage?

- Drive belt adjusted properly - that done at factory or dealer?

- Did I see something about headrests not lining up?

Probably good to send the list to your dealer before you pick it up so he has all these bits dialed in and you're ready to go!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
After seeing one in person, I would look at:

- Paint fit and finish on the edges of panels (rear especially). Both the SL and Base I saw had bad edges (sharp plastic and 'gloopy' clear coat). Not really much you can do about that.

- Hood latches secured properly. We saw that guy say his popped up at 65mph. Ouch!

- Did I see another thread about some fluid leakage?

- Drive belt adjusted properly - that done at factory or dealer?

- Did I see something about headrests not lining up?

Probably good to send the list to your dealer before you pick it up so he has all these bits dialed in and you're ready to go!
there was one about:
Behind the passenger seat and noticed that the 2 black bolts are missing holding on the black rear deck body piece that would be located behind the head rest. You have to tilt seat forward to get in the storage compartment and I noticed NO BOLTS there and part can actually flap up and down.
Also the speakers not being right on some of the units

·
Registered
508 Posts
Another one with a pinched key fob connector on the steering column. He could not fully lock the steering column because the connector was in the way. Resolved by opening the steering column and relocate wire.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Good idea for this thread, will be handy to have all items on the list in one place
I agree with Noah
This list should continue nonstop, if anything is new it's should add to this list

Swinglo would that be possible if you can update your post as the list gets bigger?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I agree with Noah
This list should continue nonstop, if anything is new it's should add to this list

Swinglo would that be possible if you can update your post as the list gets bigger?
Good idea Mike, then there would be one list that the member could print off and take with them to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The question: Can you list manufacturing issues you have discovered with the Slingshot? known common issues >>> Steering wheel squeak.. center Brake light not hooked up ...coolant leaks .headlights loose .Interested to know what you are finding during this shakedown period as I wait for the truck .

The reply :Best Buy Victory Polaris Nothing that a proper Dealer preparation wouldn't correct

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The question: Can you list manufacturing issues you have discovered with the Slingshot? known common issues >>> Steering wheel squeak.. center Brake light not hooked up ...coolant leaks .headlights loose .Interested to know what you are finding during this shakedown period as I wait for the truck .

The reply :Best Buy Victory Polaris Nothing that a proper Dealer preparation wouldn't correct
It would be kind of like making a checklist, you are paying for PDI, and it shouldn't be that complicated I think, if the center light wasn't working when the person received it on delivery, that should've been verified by the dealer before delivery, and so among many other things that should be checked before

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
It would be kind of like making a checklist, you are paying for PDI, and it shouldn't be that complicated I think, if the center light wasn't working when the person received it on delivery, that should've been verified by the dealer before delivery, and so among many other things that should be checked before
Agreed, I want a list and would think everything is checked before I arrive , But Im realistic so having a list in hand would be nice since the dealer is 3 hours away from home base.

·
Registered
619 Posts
  1. Bubbles around gauges
  2. Loose speaker screws
  3. Paint over-sprays
  4. Loose rear view camera
  5. Loose battery cables
  6. Unconnected center brake light
  7. Faulty clutch microswitch & clutch pedal arm can cut wire
  8. Squeaky steering column
  9. Binding wires in steering column
  10. Coolant leak
  11. Misaligned body panels
  12. Hood latches
  13. Mold seams and congealed paint
  14. Loose headlights
  15. Drive belt tension
  16. Bolt on steering column interfering with wire to steering column sensors. Wire needs to be zip tied away.
  17. Hood emblem misalignment
  18. Steering column panels fit poorly and misaligned
  19. Rev hanging problem
  20. Steering wheel alignment
To be constantly updated as reports from owners come in.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Well, you are correct NF. The microswitch does relate to the revs dropping and "shuttering" on 2nd to 1st downshifts but the clutch pedal arm apparently can cut the wire that goes to it as reported in that post so I included it on that item line.
I am hoping this list doesn't grow. There seems to be enough to worry about on delivery as is. I expect QC issues with 1st model production runs but it seems Polaris QC inspectors have some work to do.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I pick up my Titan Grey on Saturday ( yea ) and I emailed the dealer the checklist above and he said they would go over the SS and make sure all of those things are addressed. Makes me feel a little better before I pick it up.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Many issues like the paint, body panels, seats are not fixable unless you refuse to take the delivery and hope for the best next year.

·
Registered
474 Posts
ya, seats don't really bother me, I will have to check out the body panels and I am going to wrap in with in a week or two so the paint is no big deal to me either. Actually none of it matters - because I AM buying it. :)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts