Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having big issues on my 2020 AutoDrive slingshot. Most times when I drive it I notice when I push the gas to accelerate to pass a car or something it decelerate first and then I have to release gas pedal and push again. This has almost gotten me in an accident

·
Registered
62 Posts
Im having big issues on my 2020 AutoDrive slingshot. Most times when I drive it I notice when I push the gas to accelerate to pass a car or something it decelerate first and then I have to release gas pedal and push again. This has almost gotten me in an accident
Make sure you get the updated 2021 shift upload. It is free foe 2020’s. If you press the gas pedal too far it will try and downshift. Doing so the engine will decelerate for the shift. If you release too quickly the the downshift may not occur. I found a slow and easy gas pedal acceleratin is far better then just pushing the throttle down.

·
Registered
2015 2JZ swapped
439 Posts
You should get the 2021 updated shift flash at your dealer. Also, the pedal has a preset amount it will open the throttle body when pressed. If you were to quickly press it all the way down then release, then try to press another amount it may act weird, especially with the autoshift mechanism/brains.

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
785 Posts
The auto drive is in reality, an auto clutch stick shift. So if you were driving a conventional stick shift and wanted to accelerathe enough to need to down shift, you would lift the accelerator, push in the clutch, downshift and release the clutch as you accelerated. So thats just what the auto drive does too! The pause you feel is because it’s not quite as fast as a seasoned driver would do and probably because you are expecting it to feel more like a conventional automatic transmission with a torque converter!

lifting throttle during regular up shifts also makes it shift smoother! If your expecting i5 to operate as a true auto act transmission then it will not feel “right” to you! It’s really an automatic clutch and automatic shifter!

Reactions: Ronald2323

·
Registered
19 Posts
You should get the 2021 updated shift flash at your dealer. Also, the pedal has a preset amount it will open the throttle body when pressed. If you were to quickly press it all the way down then release, then try to press another amount it may act weird, especially with the autoshift mechanism/brains.
I had a new issue after update of latest software for Transmission !when mechanic brought it out after all updates and oil update done he said it does not engage very quickly from a standing start ! Almost feels like the clutch is slipping ! No more bogging though, or clunking at stop light and shifting much much better ! I wonder if a fix is coming or maybe when they ran the learning mode that transmission control module didn’t learn properly !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts