Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will not go in gear with the engine off or running. it had not been drove in a few weeks parked in the garage

·
Registered
163 Posts
will not go in gear with the engine off or running. it had not been drove in a few weeks parked in the garage
when you push clutch does it feel normal or is it on floor/not returning all the way.....when you shift can you feel it going in gear or is it stuck in in a small pattern around neutral....is your clutch fluid full/ any leaks underneath ...there not shift by wire so linkage should be checked....check a few things and let us know if anything seems abnormal .EJ is giving some basics to get more info for diagnosing the problem....he is one of our SS gurus and will follow through with you and help...I just through out a bunch of things to check but not in order...also to give us more info....good luck

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've had a few temperamental standard trannys in my day.... Try this: Release the emergency brake and rock the SS back and forth as much as you can in each direction. If you can have someone sit in it and operate the clutch/shifter while you rock the vehicle, that would be best. But, if you have no help, once you rock it (HARD, back and forth) a few times, try shifting it. Sometimes the transmissions just stick and they need encouragement. LOL

·
Registered
971 Posts
There’s a clear, small round fluid reservoir under the hood on drivers side just in front of the clutch linkage. Unscrew the top and check it and I’ll bet it’s empty. If you fill it back up (I believe it uses DOT 4 fluid), it will still need to be purged of air which is done by constantly working the clutch pedal in and out. Once that solves your problem keep checking the fluid level. If it continues to go down you’ll need to check for a leak and the most likely place is the clutch slave cylinder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts