Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Polaris

Let me be the first to commend you on your foresight and planning around the release of your new Polaris slingshot. Waiting until winter to release your open cockpit, non heated machine is an act of brilliance. I can only assume you missed your estimated October delivery, only to ensure that first orders will coincide with the first snow fall in the majority of the country. Who needs snow machine when you can drive a Slingshot!!

Best Rgds,
Frustrated!

Sorry - had to get that off my chest
I'll go back to waiting now

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx Batslinger, but my gut is telling me not to get my hopes up until Thanksgiving

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In addition, I'm trading in my Victory MC for the SS, so I've been reluctant to go out on the bike for fear that something will happen to it. Basically rendering me "Toy-less" - argh!!:arghh:.

I'm finding myself lurking on craigslist looking for a cheap "project" bike, but only come to realize that my wife is gonna kill me!!

Lets face it - I'll be taking my maiden SS voyage in a parka - lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
Dear Polaris

Let me be the first to commend you on your foresight and planning around the release of your new Polaris slingshot. Waiting until winter to release your open cockpit, non heated machine is an act of brilliance. I can only assume you missed your estimated October delivery, only to ensure that first orders will coincide with the first snow fall in the majority of the country. Who needs snow machine when you can drive a Slingshot!!

Best Rgds,
Frustrated!

I guess we have to understand that Polaris gets one chance to deliver a quality product w/o the backlash. I'm ok with them making sure everything is up to par.
Its like the expression"you only get once chance to make a good first impression" . All you guys screaming about delivers being "late" will be the first ones complaining about the problems with the SS. Look at what happen to the belts on the RZR 1000. Many people were hesitant to buy a 1000 and opted for a 900 till they got the "kinks' out.
Lets let this Muti-Billion dollar company do as they see fit. I for one, assume they know what they are doing, and I am ok with waiting till we have a quality product.

And no doubt it helps me being in Arizona where another month won't kill my riding season

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
If you think about it, releasing in October is a stroke of genius. People are fired up to buy these things, but are hesitant to do so with winter drawing so near.
These same people will likely still be very interested in spring when the first few waves of deliveries have been made, and Polaris will have hit their stride with Slingshot production, to easily fulfill these orders, and work out any production kinks that have otherwise arisen.

Essentially, this gives them a slight down time for part of the country that is still excited about taking ownership of these vehicles, but is hesitant to do so for a span of five or six months.

Does that make sense?

·
Registered
642 Posts
In addition, I'm trading in my Victory MC for the SS, so I've been reluctant to go out on the bike for fear that something will happen to it. Basically rendering me "Toy-less" - argh!!:arghh:.

I'm finding myself lurking on craigslist looking for a cheap "project" bike, but only come to realize that my wife is gonna kill me!!

Lets face it - I'll be taking my maiden SS voyage in a parka - lol
I did just that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess we have to understand that Polaris gets one chance to deliver a quality product w/o the backlash. I'm ok with them making sure everything is up to par.
Its like the expression"you only get once chance to make a good first impression" . All you guys screaming about delivers being "late" will be the first ones complaining about the problems with the SS. Look at what happen to the belts on the RZR 1000. Many people were hesitant to buy a 1000 and opted for a 900 till they got the "kinks' out.
Lets let this Muti-Billion dollar company do as they see fit. I for one, assume they know what they are doing, and I am ok with waiting till we have a quality product.

And no doubt it helps me being in Arizona where another month won't kill my riding season
I agree wholeheartedly with making a first impression. However, If that's the case, I'd rather Polaris announce deliveries won't start until 2015 and use the majority of the winter months to hash out "the Kinks", develop a quality product and create inventory. Appreciate the fact, this is clearly a warm weather toy (for lack of a better word). The longer it takes for delivery, the more owners will loose the opportunity to actually enjoy their purchase.

Just my .02

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Dear Polaris

Best Rgds,
Frustrated!

Dear Frustrated,

Thanks for your compliments on our brilliant foresight and exact planning of the release of the Slingshot. It was so nice of you to take the time to write your letter and many thanks for your kind words. As you know we have been working on the development and planning of the Slingshot for many years. Due to shortage of manpower we had to transfer a few planning engineers from the Snowmobile division to help plan the release of the Slingshot... We are so very proud of them... Oh, by the way, those same planning engineers are releasing a new 2015 Snowmobile to be in the showrooms the beginning of May, 2015. We know you will be excited and just can't wait for that release also.

Very best regards,

Polaris

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dear Frustrated,

Thanks for your compliments on our brilliant foresight and exact planning of the release of the Slingshot. It was so nice of you to take the time to write your letter and many thanks for your kind words. As you know we have been working on the development and planning of the Slingshot for many years. Due to shortage of manpower we had to transferred a few planning engineers from the Snowmobile division to help plan the release of the Slingshot... We are so very proud of them... Oh, by the way, those same planning engineers are releasing a new 2015 Snowmobile to be in the showrooms the beginning of May, 2015. We know you will be excited and just can't wait for that release also.

Very best regards,

Polaris
That's Funny!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
GOT THE CALL FROM MY DEALER TODAY.

THE LUGGAGE RACK I ORDERED IN JUNE FOR MY INDIAN CHIEFTAIN IS IN!

WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE GUYS DOING?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts