Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Common Concerns/ Questions for Polaris

• Total voters
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
not only are all these issues frustrating, some of them we have in common, others are unique to our machine, but one thing I have not seen talked about is: down time. The amount of time my SS have been in the shop vs. how much time I have owned it is considerable. Now yes, after the first recall, our warranty was extended. But my SS has been in the shop for other things, most recently to repaint/replace poor quality panels. It has been over a month and I still do not have the use of my SS. The riding season is short in the northern climates. So I have a year old vehicle with only 1,000 miles on it, have only 5 months of riding weather and its been in the shop almost two months? New models are coming out, my warranty is ticking away. I love the SS but this is very unprofessional. Oh and I forgot that the dealer is still trying to figure out what the wheel bearing thing that make1

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Over rev and stutter stopped with the ecu flash. Royal Purple cut the angle drive whine to acceptable. Those were my issues, getting a laser alignment next week and all is well for now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In case anyone is wondering if they fixed some issues for 2016... just bought LE and drive whine is as bad as any year model still...radio reception still sucks... right turn signal lever still wont stay on long enough to turn, left is perfect. Haven't had stalling or revving issues. Drivers mirror still vibrates to the point of blurring. On the positive side, steering wheel is straight and it drives straight. No warning lights have come on. The thing is 100% fun!! love it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Audio question. Have a 2016 SL with factory Radio. Have Shark F6 helmet communication. They connect just fine to the radio but I am unable to adjust the volume of either the radio or the phone thur my helmet headsets. Not sure if a Slingshot or a Shark problem. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've noticed a couple things on this site and elswhere is the problem with the steering issue. we never leave key on before starting it. Always starting it when we turn on the key. yet it will start with no powersteering. plus it will sometimes quit while driving it. wiring has been checked for the rub spot people have talked about. Yet polaris won't help any of the dealerships we have taken it to. heck Polaris even told us to take it to another dealership and won't help us resolve the issue. someone is going to get hurt if steering goes out while driving. only code that keeps coming up is for the 5min key delay without starting. can't figure that out when we don't do that.
I've read somewhere that Polaris engineers are working on a software fix that may or maynot include that power steering issue. polaris won't even comment on that when i asked. of course dummy me didn't get person's name or date/time i called. we have 2016 model. we also had 2015 model which had same thing, less than 6 months later and constant frustrations, we traded up to the 2016. dealer worked with us on trade since we had nothing but mechanical problems since day one. 2016 model has same powersteering problem in addition to hood being stuck not being able to open it or once opened it was difficult to latch shut. turned out to be a flaw in the bracket which we ended up fixing ourselves after dealership couldn't fix it. of course ther was the problem with radio which neither polaris or multiple dealerships have been able to figure out. sit in my truck next to bike and get great strong radio signal on all stations i listen to but in bike hardly any of those are clear and i can wave my hand in front of radio or press on brake and the sound all but disappears. dealer has worked on it a couple times with no positive result. last thing they did was install a signal amplifire and a dual antenna but still have same problem.
oh we've had some other minor factory problems such as transaxel leaking oil and things like that we have easily had fixed.

those are my biggest mechanical problems i have with the bike. otherwise we love the bike.great and fun to drive. it's just that Polaris has been lacking in the customer service skills telling us that the powersteering is our fault and there are no problems with the radio (not dealership but polaris themself).
We don't know what to do at this point since none of the dealerships are able to get a response or fix from polaris nor am i able to get resolution or response to these two issues from them. we don't knw what to do at this point. so frustrated when we can not get responses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also think you need an option on the poll that states: "No issues at this time yet"

That will then give a perspective to people and Polaris on what percentage of SS's have issues and ones that don't.... I have not received my SS yet but am considering canceling my order for it and would like to know how many have issues and how many don't. That will help future buyers or potential customers also before and after purchasing.
I had an engine defect. It's been at the dealer for 6 weeks. Polaris has poor customer service. GM is saying engine is on back order. Busted my but to get one in MD. Love the thing, just hate the service

·
Registered
41 Posts
My most major gripe: The hood is a mudly-forkin blotch to get open. Most of the time I can't get the 4th latch - nearest the driver - to pop. Speaking of popping, I thought all 4 had released and I pulled on the hood, only to have my middle finger (how fitting) to "pop". It is now swollen so I might be needing a trip to the Doctor tomorrow. Does anyone have a good fix? BTW, I've pressed down on the handle so hard to pop the 4th latch, it actually bends now and I'm afraid of it breaking off.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts