Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Common Concerns/ Questions for Polaris

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, I think I've gotten enough positive response from members here to start this thread. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let's try to keep on topic as much as possible here and be as polite, professional and helpful as you would like to be treated by someone else. You can Flame and bash whoever you want in any other thread, please don't do it here. I'm hoping to establish a way to communicate back and forth with Polaris regarding specific issues that are widespread throughout the owners here. NOTICE: If someone starts posting comments on this thread bashing, flaming, insulting, threatening or showing any other negativity towards Polaris, your post will be reported to the MOD/Admin and a request sent that it be removed. I also request that others report these types of postings as well using the "report" button that is in all postings. I don't know if this will make a bit of difference in encouraging Polaris to communicate with us, but I'm damn sure they won't if they get abused.
So, I'm listing common concerns in a poll fashion. If you've experienced one of the listed problems/concerns, vote on that subject and post a concise remark about that problem beneath the vote if you care to. If you can think of a topic I haven't listed, shoot me a PM and I'll add it to the poll. I'm going to assume that if Polaris decides to play along with this idea, we won't see any immediate responses to questions/concerns as I'm sure any specific answers from the company will have to get approval from somebody/s. Let's see how it goes

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yesterday i just broke over the 500 mile mark but was noticing for the first time what sounds like gear chatter if you will from the deferential unit at both high speeds and low speeds , the whine , hell I thought that was normal sence I never had a belt bike before!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to know if Polaris considers if the driveline/belt whine is normal. If so I'm ok with it, if not, is there a remedy for it? Same question for the RPM spike or flare and the low RPM stutter. Does the company consider it "normal" and acceptable? If not, is there a remedy for it? On the speedo/tach trim ring, why are there bubble/scratches? Will they be replaced by the company? Same type question for the sharp body panel edges, why weren't the edges prepped a little more before painting and will anything be done by the company to remedy this? Mine isn't too bad but I've seen some in person as well as in pictures and they were worse than mine. Also, loose plastic around the steering column, behind the steering wheel. Can anything be done to secure it better?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had my deposit refunded before the initial shipments hit the dealers. I've since taken a couple of test rides and was thinking of getting back in. The discussions about RPM flares have put the brakes on that. As reported by several owners, this directly impacts product safety. I'll be watching closely to see if/when/how this gets resolved before committing to ownership.

Secondary concern: heat in the cockpit. I live in the desert -- don't want to drive in 90+ temperatures with the Slingshot throwing additional heat on me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can you add to the poll. Front end / steering wheel not in alignment. Mine steering wheel has been pointing at 10:30AM since I picked it up.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Can you add to the poll. Front end / steering wheel not in alignment. Mine steering wheel has been pointing at 10:30AM since I picked it up.
Ditto, it is driving me crazy but not taking to dealer until first ckeckup. I really doubt the dealer would know what to do at this time. Did Polaris train the dealer techs before launch?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I also think you need an option on the poll that states: "No issues at this time yet"

That will then give a perspective to people and Polaris on what percentage of SS's have issues and ones that don't.... I have not received my SS yet but am considering canceling my order for it and would like to know how many have issues and how many don't. That will help future buyers or potential customers also before and after purchasing.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
231 Posts
That is a great point gjweison that I personally get a lot of questions about.
I would refer you to these two threads as examples of what you're looking for:

http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/what-i-love-about-my-slingshot-poll.2084/

http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/engine-rev-issue.2242/
Yup I have looked at those threads also on here. Only issue I see is if you want the full attention of Polaris on the issues you need to have options for the poll with no issues also... This will give a more accurate measurement of problems being seen based on total votes.

The engine rev poll (2nd link you provided) makes me very worried on purchasing one... Almost 70% of people are having issues according to that poll, and that is only based on the idle, rev, and engine issues.. The first therad you linked to is too old to take into account since most people didn't seem to have the issues in the very beginning and were just to excitied to have it in the first place.

With a poll based on QC issues, engine/tranny, and other options would give a wide scope of problems and be more beneficial to Polaris IMO.
I have not even received my SS yet and have over 18k invested already with down payment and trade in already done... These issues make me greatly concerned as I could invest 25k+ into something else and have much less issues or concerns. Once I seen the SS i wanted one, new design and totally awesome... I just hope they get it worked/figured out ASAP before I have the chance to get mine.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
If i didn't already have mine was following the forum and the issues discussed, I would still buy a Slingshot. They are beyond fun to ride and you have to know Polaris will find a fix for the hanging revs etc. this is an awesome ride, go for it. Just my .02 cents worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
The first therad you linked to is too old to take into account since most people didn't seem to have the issues in the very beginning and were just to excitied to have it in the first place.
I am not sure what you mean you must have missed something. The first thread is only 7 days old. The issue was mentioned for the first time on November 16th, others at the beginning of December. The thread and poll are very accurate and should absolutely be taken into account.

slingmods on Nov 16th. http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/i-got-my-slingshot.1260/page-7#post-26136

slingmods review in the first thread 35 days later: http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/what-i-love-about-my-slingshot-poll.2084/#post-43561

·
Registered
231 Posts
I am not sure what you mean you must have missed something. The first thread is only 7 days old. The issue was mentioned for the first time on November 16th, others at the beginning of December. The thread and poll are very accurate and should absolutely be taken into account.

slingmods on Nov 16th. http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/i-got-my-slingshot.1260/page-7#post-26136

slingmods review in the first thread 35 days later: http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/what-i-love-about-my-slingshot-poll.2084/#post-43561
Yup sorry bud i looked at the date wrong on the first thread! lol

So the poll on the first thread seems a little "off" though even still... If there is so many people on this forum that are having issues, and QC issues also why would there not be more of the votes in the Slightly-Moderately Satisfied....
Here is the poll results today when looking:
  • Slightly Satisfied
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Like I stated earlier IF i had these issues people are bringing up (which seems like a substantial amount) on the forums I would not personally rate it Ex or Very Satisfied. Yes I get that its a blast to drive, exciting, and paying $20k+ you wanna feel you made a good purchase, but that does not justify this for ratings IMO.
I guess I am excited to get mine but at the same time trying to be very cautious since I got burned by Chrystler on my Jeep with almost identical issues.... My biggest concern is not for myself but also my wife that will be driving the SS. If these issues will happen with the unit I receive I will NEVER hear the end of it!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
You need take into account people who don't participate in these "polls" but are experiencing issues also. Just a thought.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You need take into account people who don't participate in these "polls" but are experiencing issues also. Just a thought.

I know that is my biggest concern, considering almost 70% of the people on here are experiencing issues, or at least the ones that have voted on the poll. I have been trying to google and find maybe other posts or forums with people having the issues also to try and get a bigger picture. Not having any luck on the google front though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had my deposit refunded before the initial shipments hit the dealers. I've since taken a couple of test rides and was thinking of getting back in. The discussions about RPM flares have put the brakes on that. As reported by several owners, this directly impacts product safety. I'll be watching closely to see if/when/how this gets resolved before committing to ownership.

Secondary concern: heat in the cockpit. I live in the desert -- don't want to drive in 90+ temperatures with the Slingshot throwing additional heat on me.
Heffa, I noticed no heat in the cockpit today on my run. I'm sure my wife would have loved it, but alas, none was there.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts