Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
like many other RZR fans/owners, I've been trying to find a way to make a RZR street legal for years. Some states allow it (AZ and Michigan). It doesn't take a detailed Google search to find many RZR owners who wish they could use their RZR as a daily driver too.

Then you take the world by storm and release the Slingshot. A truly amazing vehicle.

For your next project, think about this idea: a street legal vehicle that has the performance characteristics of the Slingshot, but the off road capability of the RZR. You could call it a performace dune buggy. Check out they classic Meyers Manx for ideas: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/meyers-manx-kick-out-ss-dune-buggy-tested-review

I understand it's very difficult to pass vehicle safety standards for a 4 wheeled vehicle, but maybe it's as easy as sourcing in a VW beattle frame.

It's only a matter of time before one of the big auto manufacturers spots the missing piece in the marketplace. A fast, small, fuel efficient, economical, off road capable, 4 season, cool (looks like a RZR and slingshot combined), street legal vehicle.

I could see Jeep trying to tackle this... Maybe a mini performance version of the wrangler.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
This reminds me of that thread I discovered yesterday! :woot:
http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/three-wheeled-rzr-or-slingshot-test-mule.73/

As someone who contemplated a street legal, daily driver RZR, I think that would be terribly fun, it just has to be a bit affordable. Either costing less than a Jeep, or being as good in terms of quality as one.
The only problem is, then Polaris is building cars (and they will, someday; my quote below is what I tell people when they ask about Polaris building a car). I guess if they did do something like this right away, it would have to look like that vehicle up top. I wonder how that would perform offroad though... hmm.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This reminds me of that thread I discovered yesterday! :woot:
http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/three-wheeled-rzr-or-slingshot-test-mule.73/

As someone who contemplated a street legal, daily driver RZR, I think that would be terribly fun, it just has to be a bit affordable. Either costing less than a Jeep, or being as good in terms of quality as one.
The only problem is, then Polaris is building cars (and they will, someday; my quote below is what I tell people when they ask about Polaris building a car). I guess if they did do something like this right away, it would have to look like that vehicle up top. I wonder how that would perform offroad though... hmm.
If it has the RZR's drivetrain and it's AWD/4x4, I bet it is pretty good off road. Obviously not as good as a RZR, but good enough. The 3 wheels will make it a motorcycle, so no need to worry about all the govt saftey testing. So maybe a 3 wheeled RZR is the way to go! Keep everything the same as the RZR, make the rear end a bit longer, add very good dual suspension with a huge rear tire. Oh yeah and can't forget the turbo.

I would buy one!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
If it has the RZR's drivetrain and it's AWD/4x4, I bet it is pretty good off road. Obviously not as good as a RZR, but good enough. The 3 wheels will make it a motorcycle, so no need to worry about all the govt saftey testing. So maybe a 3 wheeled RZR is the way to go! Keep everything the same as the RZR, make the rear end a bit longer, add very good dual suspension with a huge rear tire. Oh yeah and can't forget the turbo.

I would buy one!
Sounds wicked!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts