Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dealerships who use Noel Hughes brake fix

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  WI_Hedgehog 
#1 ·
Short story:
I'd like to compile a list by state of dealerships willing and able to perform the fix @Noel Hughes has advocated and that so many of our brethren have had success with in curing the double pump brake problem.

Long story:
I called a dealership in AR with similar/stellar service ratings (gold and silver for slingshots) as Noel and asked about the brake fix. They assured me that they follow the forums are would be happy to help. So I drive three hours to them, they test drive it, they smile and tell me that's just how Slingshots brake. I spend too much money on my vehicles to lecture a dealership on what they need to do...so I thanked them and will be using a different dealership from now on.
If you've found a dealership that has been wonderful and helpful, especially as regards our braking issue, please include its name and location and I'll keep a running list in this first post...updated every several days.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, see this post... Mushy brakes FIXED!

#2 ·
My dealer knew of the "fix" and actually explained it to me before I could explain to them but after 2 more visits they still hadn't done it thinking that they solved problem with ABS bleed. I did the caliper removal and extension myself, even removed and disassembled caliper. I did find that the piston was much tighter than any normal caliper even without the seals which I replaced. I then reinstalled and did multiple high end bleeds. Did not fix double pump issue. Figuring it's the tight piston I replaced calipers with aftermarket and problem solved

#7 ·
This thread isn't appropriate given:
  • The various different causes of Slingshot brake issues.
  • The lack of respect for @Noel Hughes--it's basically a thread about Noel's competition who are willing to use Noel's methods of fixing the brake issues without regard to competency of the mechanic or source of the problem(s).
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.