Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone hearing as far as ADM? Talked to my local dealer in St Louis (Big St Charles Motorsports). They told me $500 deposit and $2000 over MSRP ($1000 freight, $1000 setup). I suddenly remembered why I never bought a bike from them. I can understand a little markup, but $2k seems a little stiff.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
What is everyone hearing as far as ADM? Talked to my local dealer in St Louis (Big St Charles Motorsports). They told me $500 deposit and $2000 over MSRP ($1000 freight, $1000 setup). I suddenly remembered why I never bought a bike from them. I can understand a little markup, but $2k seems a little stiff.
Don't walk but run from that dealership. That one is out of line. Call other dealerships in your area. You will find one that is reasonable. Not all dealerships are trying to rip - off the buying public.

·
Registered
428 Posts
If the Mother Ship is monitoring this please take note and please take action immediately. When Harley was in its golden years and there was a 2 year waiting list. Harley Co. made it common knowledge/pratice that no dealer could sell over MSRP. If they did they would not be getting there limited supply of alloted bikes. I bought several Harleys over those years. Put my $$$$$ down and waited the 2 years. Had a bike to ride and then sold it when the new Harley came in. This was an excellent way to keep everyone honest and the prices fair. I don't understand why Polaris is not watching dealers more closely. This is their contact with the customer and if the customer becomes disillusioned then this will be a short ride for Polaris.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If the Mother Ship is monitoring this please take note and please take action immediately. When Harley was in its golden years and there was a 2 year waiting list. Harley Co. made it common knowledge/pratice that no dealer could sell over MSRP. If they did they would not be getting there limited supply of alloted bikes. I bought several Harleys over those years. Put my $$$$$ down and waited the 2 years. Had a bike to ride and then sold it when the new Harley came in. This was an excellent way to keep everyone honest and the prices fair. I don't understand why Polaris is not watching dealers more closely. This is their contact with the customer and if the customer becomes disillusioned then this will be a short ride for Polaris.
What can Polaris really do when some Stealerships justify these markups as (supposedly) legit Freight, Set-up, and a Stealer Fee (that's "printed" on every Buyers Order....???

We know it's pure profit that drops directly to the Stealerships Bottom Line at our expense.

It's nothing more than the old supply/demand delemma.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
What can Polaris really do when some Stealerships justify these markups as (supposedly) legit Freight, Set-up, and a Stealer Fee (that's "printed" on every Buyers Order....???

We know it's pure profit that drops directly to the Stealerships Bottom Line at our expense.

It's nothing more than the old supply/demand delemma.
Yes, but you do not have to buy from the dealer that is charging large fees above MSRP. Call other dealers in your area and for sure you will find one that will work for you.

·
Registered
541 Posts
No and I MEAN no dealer should charge above MSRP.
My dealer is charging msrp.
$190.00 set-up
$400.00 Freight
Plus DMV fees and taxes, nothing else.
If the dealer is changing above msrp walk away. There are other dealers.
These dealers need to be boycotted by everyone period.
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
No and I MEAN no dealer should charge above MSRP.
My dealer is charging msrp.
$190.00 set-up
$400.00 Freight
Plus DMV fees and taxes, nothing else.
If the dealer is changing above msrp walk away. There are other dealers.
These dealers need to be boycotted by everyone period.
Good Luck
That's the ticket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts