Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why is it that a dealer in Phoenix, Iron City Polaris, has in stock for at once delivery 3-SL's and 1-Base that are not "Pre-Sold".. Iron City Polaris claims that Polaris just out of the blue shipped these 4-units to them that they received last Friday... And Iron City Polaris has NO Pre-sold orders on these four (4) units...
There are buyers all across the USA that have deposits down since last August that have not been ship to them??? But Iron City has FOUR units in stock for at once delivery. THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE TO ALL OF US THAT HAVE PLACED DEPOSITS AND HAVE YET TO BE SHIPPED...
I have been trying my damnedest to support Polaris but it seems they keep shooting themselves in the foot...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Can't agree more. I posted similar sentiment all over this forum.

I have purchased specialty "it" cars almost every year since 2005. Been on deposit lines across this country. Once the MAKER no longer respects the line they themselves have asked for, then why should anybody else? Let the free for all begin!!!!!

Same thing happened with the Stingray and is currently happening to the Hellcat.

Sadly, the non American companies have shown more integrity in this regard. Lotus, BMW, Mercedes, Range Rover ALL HONORED THEIR CUE.

Not taking care of the deposit holding enthusiasts is biz suicide. Polaris will see, when sales hit 60% projected . . .

PLEASE: If you end up buying a Slingshot without having to wait in deposit line, PLEASE PLEASE post and tell us. Nobody will be mad at you (the smart people), we just want to hold Polaris accountable for gross mismanagement.

Reactions: Tom Barber

·
Registered
265 Posts
I hope you guys are not blaming Iron City. They actually were very honorable in that they didn't want to take deposits because they don't like to run a business that way. Call it old school or whatever, but it is much more admirable than all the dealers that took as many deposits as they had ink in their pen. The only reason they even 'honored' my deposit was because I called and gave it to a sales-rep when they were all in Minneapolis during the unveiling and test rides, back in the end of July. When they returned, they said that they would honor it, but were not going to sell units till they arrived. To me, that says a lot, period.
If Polaris just decided to ship them extra units, so be it, the beef is with Polaris, especially with so many people waiting. I for one, will be buying my next machine from Iron city in the future.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
^So you are saying they are honorable for not taking deposits, yet other dealers on this site say it is not possible to get orders that are not already pre-sold. That's what I call a huge catch 22. If they came by them honestly then so be it, call them honorable. If in fact they are gaming the system and somehow rationalizing it as a more honorable way of doing business. That's not cool.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I hope you guys are not blaming Iron City. .
If Polaris just decided to ship them extra units, so be it, the beef is with Polaris, especially with so many people waiting. I for one, will be buying my next machine from Iron city in the future.
Under no condition am I blaming Iron City... The beef is with Polaris for allowing Iron City to have units in stock when they have no Pre-Sold on those units at Iron City... The question to Polaris is how did Iron City get them and why are you, Polaris, Not shipping to your Pre-Sold first as you promised??? The little guy is getting screwed...

·
Registered
265 Posts
^So you are saying they are honorable for not taking deposits, yet other dealers on this site say it is not possible to get orders that are not already pre-sold. That's what I call a huge catch 22. If they came by them honestly then so be it, call them honorable. If in fact they are gaming the system and somehow rationalizing it as a more honorable way of doing business. That's not cool.
I will see if I can get an answer

·
Registered
155 Posts
Deposit? When I told Little Rock ( Gregory Polaris ) I wanted one , to put me on the 'list' and offered $$.. He simply told me .. 'don't worry'

I got the call when the first one came in.......

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Tri County Honda Yamaha Kawasaki in Virginia was trying to sell on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes...5e1e170db&item=231422914779&pt=US_motorcycles

Dealer replied to an email (not Fax) I sent them... Here's the reply...
"This slingshot is in stock and ready to go, however I believe it is sold. There is a customer in the store doing a credit app. We have another slingshot coming to the store this week that is not yet sold. Please give our sales dept a call if you would like to reserve it. 304-257-4420"

Another dealer receiving units from Polaris that were not pre-sold...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Deposit? When I told Little Rock ( Gregory Polaris ) I wanted one , to put me on the 'list' and offered $$.. He simply told me .. 'don't worry'

I am sure we can find story after story of abuse of the Polaris shipping system by the dealers... How can a dealer get four units in stock when they have no PRE-SOLD??? We know from other threads that production is no where near demand... The SS is in tight supply but yet four units show up at one dealership that never took deposits, never had a PRE-SOLD... There is more to this than we are told... Bottom line the little guy like you and I that placed a deposit back in August and have yet to be shipped is getting screwed...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

We all know that we live in a country where money talks and BS walks... Under no condition is anyone bad mouthing those that purchased a Slingshot without having to wait in line... You got what you wanted and I am happy for you... This thread is about the order and shipping system instituted by Polaris that is being abused by dealers where the dealer now has an inventory of unsold units while many of us that placed deposited back in August have yet to be shipped...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yea I'm pretty bummed too since I've had a deposit down since August with my dealer and nothing to show for it. Today I find out another dealership has 2 SL's available with neither spoken for. And to top that they've already sold 3 SL's last weekend.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea I'm pretty bummed too since I've had a deposit down since August with my dealer and nothing to show for it. Today I find out another dealership has 2 SL's available with neither spoken for. And to top that they've already sold 3 SL's last weekend.
Polaris has a lot of explaining to do.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I hope you guys are not blaming Iron City. They actually were very honorable in that they didn't want to take deposits because they don't like to run a business that way. Call it old school or whatever, but it is much more admirable than all the dealers that took as many deposits as they had ink in their pen. The only reason they even 'honored' my deposit was because I called and gave it to a sales-rep when they were all in Minneapolis during the unveiling and test rides, back in the end of July. When they returned, they said that they would honor it, but were not going to sell units till they arrived. To me, that says a lot, period.
No beef with Iron City at all . . . They got a shipment. They are going to sell that shipment. They are fine. It's Polaris

Reactions: love2udebbiesue

·
Registered
175 Posts
Tri County Honda Yamaha Kawasaki in Virginia was trying to sell on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes...5e1e170db&item=231422914779&pt=US_motorcycles

Dealer replied to an email (not Fax) I sent them... Here's the reply...
"This slingshot is in stock and ready to go, however I believe it is sold. There is a customer in the store doing a credit app. We have another slingshot coming to the store this week that is not yet sold. Please give our sales dept a call if you would like to reserve it. 304-257-4420"

Another dealer receiving units from Polaris that were not pre-sold...

SUCH BULLSH*T. Worse then the Stingray Fiasco

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I cannot help but wonder. Did Polaris ever actually officially establish a presale? Or was this just the dealers that decided that once the release was official, that they could go ahead and start getting deposits.

The whole "Pre Sale" premise may have never been an official sanctioned Polaris thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is my .02-
I think there is a lot of confusion regarding dealers and their status for Slingshot. Like I have said before on the forum- there are a couple of different levels- Tier 1 and Tier 2. From what I have seen - everyone that was Tier 1 and had all of the requirements done on time got their initial orders by the first week in December (it was supposed to be by Nov. 26, but weather did not help anyone) I don't believe any Tier 2 dealer has gotten any product yet- and I would be surprised it they got anything by the end of January. In my opinion(mine- not Polaris's) as a Tier 1 dealer myself I would hope they would take care of us before they took care of the Tier 2 guys. Also- Polaris has no idea what dealer has what pre-sold with deposits and without- they don't ask us that info when we order.

So if you still have not gotten your SS yet- or your dealer has not gotten theirs- I would ask them if they are Tier 1 or Tier 2, that will hopefully answer a lot of questions.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
My dealer is tier two, and they have had their initial two units for just about two weeks now, and they called me about 4 days ago to get a copy of my drivers license, and to let me know my base was due in.

So,
Polaris has no idea what's been sold.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Here is my .02-
I think there is a lot of confusion regarding dealers and their status for Slingshot. Like I have said before on the forum- there are a couple of different levels- Tier 1 and Tier 2. From what I have seen - everyone that was Tier 1 and had all of the requirements done on time got their initial orders by the first week in December (it was supposed to be by Nov. 26, but weather did not help anyone) I don't believe any Tier 2 dealer has gotten any product yet- and I would be surprised it they got anything by the end of January. In my opinion(mine- not Polaris's) as a Tier 1 dealer myself I would hope they would take care of us before they took care of the Tier 2 guys. Also- Polaris has no idea what dealer has what pre-sold with deposits and without- they don't ask us that info when we order.

So if you still have not gotten your SS yet- or your dealer has not gotten theirs- I would ask them if they are Tier 1 or Tier 2, that will hopefully answer a lot of questions.
I thought there was another dealer on here who claimed you had to enter owner/depositor's info when you placed the orders? You're saying that's not true? I thought that sounded odd that a dealer couldn't just order them for inventory like they could any othere Polaris product.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My dealer is tier two, and they have had their initial two units for just about two weeks now, and they called me about 4 days ago to get a copy of my drivers license, and to let me know my base was due in.

So,
Polaris has no idea what's been sold.
Well I guess that blows what I was thinking right out of the water:(
I'm going to stop thinking right now- it hurts too much:D

1 - 20 of 132 Posts