Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I received a call from my dealer today that my SS SL has arrived. I placed a deposit on it a few weeks ago. We never discussed pricing since there are really no options to add on from factory. My SS arrived today so I got the call. I asked to be emailed a purchase order to make payment arrangements and they added fees totaling almost $2k which included freight, prep/setup and a doc fee.

I've read on this forum that other dealers do not charge extra fees and some are actually discounting from MSRP...should I cancel my order and go with someone else? At the least, the dealer should have discussed this with me when I put the deposit down.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I hate the feeling of being taken advantage of.

·
Registered
872 Posts
there are plenty charging up to $3K, and an equal number NOT. I went out of state to get mine, so as not to be fleeced. There are plenty of good dealers not charging up the Kazoo. I even saved any "doc" fees, by going to DMV and registering it myself....... What state are you in?

·
I may not be right but I can sound like it
4,534 Posts
Yep - I always thought it was a real red asser to have to pay for "prep & setup". When I get my Big Mac it is all rolled up into one price:(

·
Registered
23 Posts

You didn't receive a sales contract when you placed your deposit ?

Nope, sure didn't. In fact, they still haven't provided me one. They only sent me the breakdown in an email. My bank needs a purchase order and the dealer said they have to contact them directly to provide it. My bank isn't going to talk to them so not sure how they planned on doing this.

·
Registered
23 Posts
there are plenty charging up to $3K, and an equal number NOT. I went out of state to get mine, so as not to be fleeced. There are plenty of good dealers not charging up the Kazoo. I even saved any "doc" fees, by going to DMV and registering it myself....... What state are you in?
I'm in Texas. Please refer me to a proper dealer to take my business to. I would really appreciate it.

·
Banned
928 Posts
I would DEMAND my money back & go elsewhere. There is plenty of mark up built into the MSRP. The ONLY things on top of MSRP you should have to pay, is actual tag/Title cost set by DMV, and sales tax!!!

But certainly, they should have given you ALL the numbers BEFORE you put your money down.

I saved close to $1500 by going maybe 2 hours from my closest dealer.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
It's amazing the difference between dealers. I'm fortunate enough to have my dealer 4 miles from my house & so far they've been good to deal with (no hassle/no charge for ECU update). I paid MSRP + tax + doc fees (registration, etc.); no freight, no dealer prep. It pays to check around...

They also threw in a hat & T-shirt, my choice for both...

·
2,333 Posts
Nope, sure didn't. In fact, they still haven't provided me one. They only sent me the breakdown in an email. My bank needs a purchase order and the dealer said they have to contact them directly to provide it. My bank isn't going to talk to them so not sure how they planned on doing this.
Well then I guess they screwed themselves and cannot hold your deposit or bind you to the sale ........ take your $$ and run :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would DEMAND my money back & go elsewhere. There is plenty of mark up built into the MSRP. The ONLY things on top of MSRP you should have to pay, is actual tag/Title cost set by DMV, and sales tax!!!

But certainly, they should have given you ALL the numbers BEFORE you put your money down.

I saved close to $1500 by going maybe 2 hours from my closest dealer.
Thanks, and will do. They have no problem in giving me my deposit back. I'm just bummed about the whole ordeal.

·
Mike
417 Posts
I paid $250 for freight, prep, & doc fee (does not include tax, title, license) which I thought was fair since they do a laser alignment on all new SS's before they go out the door.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mancuso is the dealer that I was supposed to buy from. They are the ones charging these fees.
Many on the site have called around until they find a dealer that will be able to get them an SS and not pay over priced fees to do so. If you search this forum you will find that many owners payed MSRP or below without any other fees...You do have a long season down in TX so if you're willing to wait again...get your money back and start over with a dealer that you will know all the fees up front...Otherwise pick up your new SS and start enjoying it....Good Luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Many on the site have called around until they find a dealer that will be able to get them an SS and not pay over priced fees to do so. If you search this forum you will find that many owners payed MSRP or below without any other fees...You do have a long season down in TX so if you're willing to wait again...get your money back and start over with a dealer that you will know all the fees up front...Otherwise pick up your new SS and start enjoying it....Good Luck
I actually ended up calling Polaris' corporate office. I spoke with a customer service rep and she informed me that their dealers are allowed to charge whatever fees they want. However, she did tell me that she would call around to other dealers and find me one that won't charge over MSRP and connect me. I thought this was a nice gesture and will save me the time from doing the same.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I actually ended up calling Polaris' corporate office. I spoke with a customer service rep and she informed me that their dealers are allowed to charge whatever fees they want. However, she did tell me that she would call around to other dealers and find me one that won't charge over MSRP and connect me. I thought this was a nice gesture and will save me the time from doing the same.
Let us know if that gets you anywhere......... Sorry if I am a little skeptical of their customer service........ but maybe it is better before the sale!

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Well then I guess they screwed themselves and cannot hold your deposit or bind you to the sale ........ take your $$ and run :D

+1

Let us know if that gets you anywhere......... Sorry if I am a little skeptical of their customer service........ but maybe it is better before the sale!
It's not better before the sale. It's just a crap shoot....It depends on who answers the phone at that time.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts