Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided that I am going with a supercharger over a turbo, now lets discuss DDMWorks vs ProCharger. Anyone have objective comments or advice? Also, need to order header and exhaust at the same time. Advice on size, etc. would be appreciated. I love the look of the rear exit exhaust systems, but with the TracHammer kit most of those are out unless I want to take it to an exhaust shop and have a custom set of pipes done (I don't have a mandrel bend machine).

Jeff

·
Registered
364 Posts
Not going to speak to brand differences, but DDM Works is a stand up company! They support this (and other) websites, really are part of the Slingshot community, and treat everyone great! Nothing but great things to say about them (and I even know a couple bad things).

I'm sure Dave will speak up here soon about the technical information.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Jeff, I can recommend a good place there in McKinney for a custom exhaust, he did mine for the trakhamr, if you are interested. He doesn't have a mandrel machine, but can get you something custom.

I second @chavey2 recommendation for DDM, very stand up company, such great customer service. Every company has problems with a product, but it's how they handle it is key. DDM took care of me when a product went bad and I know he's done that for others as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff, I can recommend a good place there in McKinney for a custom exhaust, he did mine for the trakhamr, if you are interested. He doesn't have a mandrel machine, but can get you something custom.

I second @chavey2 recommendation for DDM, very stand up company, such great customer service. Every company has problems with a product, but it's how they handle it is key. DDM took care of me when a product went bad and I know he's done that for others as well.
Hey Charles, I knew I'd here from you... What exhaust did you end up with? What shop did you use?

Jeff

·
Registered
683 Posts
MckinneySpeedMufflerShop - Google Search owners name is Nick.

I already had the Welter dual rear on my sling before going with the trakhamr, so it had to be adapted. It's costly and you may be better off just getting a down pipe and having a custom one made. I like the Welter, but a drawback is the pipe connections, once they seal up, they are really hard to get apart. I had Nick weld in v-band's at all of the connection points. Basically all I have left is some short pieces of the original system, the down pipe and the mufflers.

My suggestion, talk with Nick about it, then get the 1320 header, a downpipe for a welter and DDM supercharger and whatever mufflers you want to put on it. Would be cheaper to piece it together vs buying the Welter duals and having Nick cut it all up to fix the routing.

Our torsion box is in the way for it exiting the vehicle.

Well, the Welter kit also comes with a different, more narrow transmission mount, to give it room to route the 2.5" pipe past it.

If I need to bring my sling back to Nick to let him pull measurements and ideas, we can arrange that, he's a great guy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks. His shop is about 20 minutes from my house. I'll give him a call once I have the SC and Header installed.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts