Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

201 - 220 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
The sound will be different with each brand of exhaust you choose. Go to the smokies and I bet every exhaust made will be there that you can compare and I think there will be a few superchargers as well, and maybe a V8 or two.
Seeing a V8 in April ;-) . I already chose my exhaust the Variable exhaust. I was just wondering if it will work with the Stage2. As a bonus I would love to hear a Stage2 SC .

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
We are planning an event on April 8th - 9th if any of you feel like making the trip to come check us out. Come see the supercharger in action.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
We are scheduling for the first 5 installs here at the shop now and taking deposits. Production kits will start shipping once we do a few of the installs just to work through a few of them. Make sure everything is perfect for you guys that will install at home.

·
Vendor
647 Posts
I think I will just go with the regular stage 2 and not even bother with the header , just delete the cat and put a better flowing muffler

what muffler do you recommend ?
what muffler was on the one you dyno'd and quoted at 286whp ???
The header is not going to make as much difference as getting rid of the cat and the stock exhaust setup. No real recommendations right now, from what I have seen they are all going to flow pretty good and all of them will be better than the stock cat/muffler setup. It should just come down to sound preference.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok guys update time now that Dave is back from Slingmods.
They were able to complete the install and get a good base calibration for our supercharger kit. Bob was there helping with the tuning. We are now going to go ahead and put another kit on our DDMWorks Slingshot so we can get it on our dyno. We are going to be testing with Stock exhaust and also some aftermarket options. This will show what to expect as far as power gains and also it will test fitment with different systems ( we expect no problems ). We are hoping to have ours done and on the dyno by the 5th. So we will keep you updated.

Going forward we are looking for 5 Slingshot owners to receive the first installs here at DDMWorks in South Carolina. These first 5 will receive a discount on the install and discounts on some other options. Please PM me if you are interested in being in the first 5 and we will get you set up.

Final pricing will be posted the end of this week.

For now here are some photos of Dave's adventure out at Slingmods.

Tony Angelo, a Pro Drift car driver and also a host on Hot Rod Garage, got to test out the supercharged Slingshot.

View attachment 40865
View attachment 40866 View attachment 40867 View attachment 40868 View attachment 40869 View attachment 40870 View attachment 40871 View attachment 40872 View attachment 40873 View attachment 40874
PM SENT !

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just out of curiosity, say someone built the engine and wanted to run more power. Is 400 whp plausible with this SC lets say with the help of cams?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
Just out of curiosity, say someone built the engine and wanted to run more power. Is 400 whp plausible with this SC lets say with the help of cams?
More power is always an option. Cams for this engine however are not an option ( as far as I know ).
But we can do built engines and can jump up to a larger Rotrex supercharger.

·
Registered
105 Posts
More power is always an option. Cams for this engine however are not an option ( as far as I know ).
Ok. I guess what Im trying to get at is a SC kit with the potential for 400 whp on a built engine. And in terms of build thinking higher comp pistons with an upgraded valvetrain to handle 8k redline.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Why are people asking for a 8000 rpm redlines with this motor? Sounds great when driving, but what's the big benefit here?

Also, I'm not on the up and up with this....

But, is this even possible? I don't see other people making big power doing this...

Reactions: Orangeman

·
Registered
939 Posts
Just a thought, for NA motor with higher rpm would not lay down as much between 3-4 shift. Probably not much benefit to turbo as power is already there. Plus I think they are lowering Rev limiter on turbos. When looking at cams on other ecotecs, bigger lifts all seem to gravitate to 8000-8500 rpm. But moot point being I can't find any options except for one which states to 7800 rpm. At least this my opinion.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Why are people asking for a 8000 rpm redlines with this motor? Sounds great when driving, but what's the big benefit here?

Also, I'm not on the up and up with this....

But, is this even possible? I don't see other people making big power doing this...
8k redline will help your acceleration across the board so long as its built for it. The less gears you have to shift when accelerating ( as long as the powerband falls in the higher rpms ), the less acceleration is lost between shifts and ending up lower in the powerband after shifts.

Theoretically higher compression pistons with LESS boost from the SC will make excellent numbers more reliably as youre now shifting power from the SC to the engine itself. It will also get better numbers than just the SC alone.

Honestly Im asking these questions to the vendors because theyre the true experts on these engines as Ive only worked on the LSJ from a performance standpoint and they have everything under the sun for those engines.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just a thought, for NA motor with higher rpm would not lay down as much between 3-4 shift. Probably not much benefit to turbo as power is already there. Plus I think they are lowering Rev limiter on turbos. When looking at cams on other ecotecs, bigger lifts all seem to gravitate to 8000-8500 rpm. But moot point being I can't find any options except for one which states to 7800 rpm. At least this my opinion.
Having a longer redline has HUGE benefits to larger turbo applications. The larger the turbo the more lag you will have. If it takes 4k to spool a larger turbo and you have to shift at 6250 your usable powerband is poop. Not to mention the turbo is not going to make peak power because you HAVE to shift waaayyy too early. A higher redline gives you a longer powerband which is a GOOD thing, especially for FI.

An example of this is my evo. Stock turbo doesn't peak until around 3-3.5 k. This means if Im anywhere below this in rpm it has very little acceleration. It has a redline of 8k and makes power until 7500. If my redline was 6 k, Id still have 1.5k of power gains that I would lose AND every shift would put me lower in rpm range which means less accel across the board.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Cams are available for the LE5 from ZZP:
STock LE5 210.3 195.4 .415" .395"
ZZP LE5 220 206 .422" .420"
I really like the idea of a supercharger and the reduction of heat in the engine bay. Just need pistons and rods in my humble opinion after seeing these cast ones fail.:muted:
All in all I am green with envy over the supercharger option you guys have offered up:D

·
Registered
939 Posts
@[email protected] In your opinion would you recommend increasing the compression ratio on a NA build before going to the SC? With these cams GP Customs noted and ported head, increased compression (if recommended) where would the NA motor be HP wise before going SC? Thanks

·
Registered
978 Posts
@[email protected] In your opinion would you recommend increasing the compression ratio on a NA build before going to the SC? With these cams GP Customs noted and ported head, increased compression (if recommended) where would the NA motor be HP wise before going SC? Thanks
Curious as to response, on aircraft, the norm is for lower compression on SC or Turbo to reduce engine stress of higher boost.

201 - 220 of 294 Posts