Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody try to change the oil on a procharger DDMworks supercharger kit?
I am at the point where I need to change the oil in the supercharger. There is a aluminum bar covering about 1/3 of the drain plug. Anybody come up with a way to get to drain it without taking the supercharger out?

I thought about removing the radiator bracket, that big square aluminum bar. But is has to fit into a slot on both sides and I could not see a way to slide it out after I took off one bolt, so I stopped that angle.

The only other thing I can think of is to remove the belt, it was a B to get on in the first place, then remove the 4 bolts on the alternator bracket. Then support the unit and change the oil.

Hopefully someone has done this and there is a recommended way to approach this.

·
15 Seconds Of Fame Anywhere You Go
583 Posts
Anybody try to change the oil on a procharger DDMworks supercharger kit?
I am at the point where I need to change the oil in the supercharger. There is a aluminum bar covering about 1/3 of the drain plug. Anybody come up with a way to get to drain it without taking the supercharger out?

I thought about removing the radiator bracket, that big square aluminum bar. But is has to fit into a slot on both sides and I could not see a way to slide it out after I took off one bolt, so I stopped that angle.

The only other thing I can think of is to remove the belt, it was a B to get on in the first place, then remove the 4 bolts on the alternator bracket. Then support the unit and change the oil.

Hopefully someone has done this and there is a recommended way to approach this.
Call Dave at DDM WORKS , I’m sure that he will walk you though it. Outstanding customer service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts