Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Polaris Slingshot Front Splitter by DDMWorks.

The DDMWorks front splitter is designed to help manage the airflow on the front of the Slingshot, increase front downforce and also increase airflow through the radiator and intercooler. The thick 1/4" ABS splitter mounts securely to the front of the Slingshot using precision laser cut stainless steel brackets and all stainless steel hardware. Once installed, the splitter helps make air go around the Slingshot instead of under it,which helps to increase high speed stability. The splitter also comes with a stainless steel air diverter mounted in the center that channels air directly into the radiator and intercooler (if installed) and at the same time increases downforce on the front of the Slingshot. Lastly, the splitter also helps protect the front of your Slingshot from being damaged from scraping on steep driveways. The Splitter can be installed with or without the front supports and installs in just a couple hours on jack stands with regular hand tools.

Starts at $299 - *** Introductory Sale Price of $249 through 1-9-17 ***

Polaris Slingshot Rear Shock Mount

• Splitter CNC cut from thick 1/4" ABS
  • Laser Cut CNC Stainless Steel mounting backets and air diverter
  • Front Braces available in Silver, Black and Gold Anodized or Red powder coat
  • All Stainless Steel hardware required for installation included

Polaris Slingshot Rear Shock Mount

·
Registered
760 Posts
I'm confused, the post has a link for a "rear shock mount" but points you to the front spoiler. Is somebody still celebrating new years? Or just really hung over.

LC

·
Vendor
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm confused, the post has a link for a "rear shock mount" but points you to the front spoiler. Is somebody still celebrating new years? Or just really hung over.

LC
Well today is still kinda a holiday ;) I will have Miss Ivy take a look at it and see if she can straighten it out, thanks for the headsup!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Looks like the added splitter would lower the front clearance, making steep driveways and speed bumps even harder to navigate. Also, if you hit a road obstruction at high speed your entire front end would be toast. :arghh:

·
Vendor
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$300 for a piece of abs plastic? Now that is funny! :hilarious:
Not sure if you saw all of the other pieces in the kit, but it is more than just a piece of ABS plastic in the kit for $300. Here is the complete list of all parts we have been shipping with the kit -

qty - 1 DDM-16-33 ABS Plastic Splitter - 73" x 16.5"
qty - 1 DDM-16-33-4 Stainless Steel Air Diverter
qty - 1 DDM-16-33-2 Stainless Steel and powdercoated End Bracket - Right
qty - 1 DDM-16-33-2 Stainless Steel and powdercoated End Bracket - Left
qty - 2 DDM-16-33-2 Stainless Steel and powdercoated Center support brackets
qty - 6 stainless steel M6x16 Button Head Bolts
qty - 28 stainless steel M6 over size washers
qty - 10 stainless steel M6x20 Button head Bolts
qty - 10 stainless steel M6 Nuts
qty - 2 stainless steel #10 1 inch Phillips head Screws
qty - 2 stainless steel Loop Clamps
qty - 2 1/2 inch Nylon Spacers
qty - 2 M6x30 Blue Socket Head Bolts
qty - 2 stainless steel M6 regular washers

It sounds like you must be involved with manufacturing, if you can tell us where you can get all of that made here in the US and still make a profit for less, please shoot me an email and help the community out, I am sure everyone would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts