Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Was looking into the DDMWorks 3-way Adjustable Sport Shocks. Wanted to see get feedback from anybody who has installed it and how they found the whole experience? I want to be able to adjust for our bad NJ roads. Something that can handle the bumps better so that you do not feel like I'm gonna bounce off the road. But yes, I would like to eat my cake too and be able to gain flatter cornering when I need to amp it up.

Thanks in advance!
Fas

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well,

I took the plunge and have ordered the DDM 3 way adjustable sports shocks and a short shifter. Thank you @Edwardneal for the advice on both of these mods.

Ill report back once installed and my impressions :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well,

I took the plunge and have ordered the DDM 3 way adjustable sports shocks and a short shifter. Thank you @Edwardneal for the advice on both of these mods.

Ill report back once installed and my impressions :)
I look forward to hearing your thoughts, but I already know you will love both

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I got the DDMWorks 3 way adjustable installed. All I can say is wow! They are everything I expected. Compared to the stock springs, they are night and day. I feel way more confident at high speeds.Bumps that were bone jarring are tolerable. Hitting a bump on turns do not get the back end feeling like it will hop off the road.
Well worth the upgrade. The DDM have 3 way adjustables at a very reasonable price.

I also got the DDM Works short shifter and carbon fiber shift knob. The feel very upmarket compared to what was there. The throws are much more precise and cleaner.

Any questions feel free to ask.
FAS

·
Registered
210 Posts
So I got the DDMWorks 3 way adjustable installed. All I can say is wow! They are everything I expected. Compared to the stock springs, they are night and day. I feel way more confident at high speeds.Bumps that were bone jarring are tolerable. Hitting a bump on turns do not get the back end feeling like it will hop off the road.
Well worth the upgrade. The DDM have 3 way adjustables at a very reasonable price.

I also got the DDM Works short shifter and carbon fiber shift knob. The feel very upmarket compared to what was there. The throws are much more precise and cleaner.

Any questions feel free to ask.
FAS
What settings on the clickers have you been satisfied with?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4/8 compression/rebound in the fronts
3/5 compression/rebound in the back

I should play around with it a bit, but have not had a controlled environment that I would enjoy to test it out with.

·
Vendor
605 Posts
4/8 compression/rebound in the fronts
3/5 compression/rebound in the back

I should play around with it a bit, but have not had a controlled environment that I would enjoy to test it out with.
Glad you are enjoying them, if you need any other help setting them up, just let us know!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Dave,
Can you tell me what the amount of travel is between neutral and bottoming out?
I have some JRI 2 way adjustable and although I do really like them they will bottom out on some really sharp drops of over 2.5-3" and have posted about it. Was told that due to the small amount of travel that it can happen on rare bumps. Have only encountered it one time during normal driving and usually only occurs on sharp drops coming out of my drive. One other person has encountered it as well. Not a big deal in normal driving but just curious what the amount of downward travel the DDM's have compared to the JRI's.

·
Vendor
605 Posts
Dave,
Can you tell me what the amount of travel is between neutral and bottoming out?
I have some JRI 2 way adjustable and although I do really like them they will bottom out on some really sharp drops of over 2.5-3" and have posted about it. Was told that due to the small amount of travel that it can happen on rare bumps. Have only encountered it one time during normal driving and usually only occurs on sharp drops coming out of my drive. One other person has encountered it as well. Not a big deal in normal driving but just curious what the amount of downward travel the DDM's have compared to the JRI's.
We can typically put the Slingshot frame on the ground with our shocks installed and still have some suspension compression left.

I just measured a set of JRI's we have here and it looks like they have about 3.5" of total travel when not installed, before getting into the bump stops. So depending on where you have your ride height set, you would end up with that 2.5" approx of shock travel you stated. The shocks on our kit have approx 5.75" of travel in the front and 6.75" of travel in the back, so that gives a lot more travel to work with and prevent the shock from bottoming out.

Hope that helps, let me know if there is anything else we can answer for you.
Dave

·
Registered
573 Posts
Dave,
Thanks that really helps. I would push that fact because as I mentioned the JRI's can bottom out on a 3" sudden drop. JRI was great and checked the shocks at no charge and even sent them back for no charge and they were just as they left the factory but they still bottom out at those rare times. After a lot of research, I realized it was due to their short travel. If yours have more travel then I would stress that point. Not sure what the Bilsteins have but I would assume they may be like the JRI's but could be wrong.
Had I known about the potential for bottoming out then I would have made the move to DDM's..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yah I read somewhere the DDM had more travel then others, but didnt pay much mind to it.

3 way adjustable, at this price, and more travel, that's hard to beat!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Wonder how they handle and corner vs the JRI and Bilstein. I love the way my JRI clickers handle and I have only gotten the banging bottoming out on one occasion while on the open road. However, it the DDM's are as well made as the JRI's and handle as well given their travel then they are indeed a bargain and should be given Serious consideration...

·
Vendor
605 Posts
Wonder how they handle and corner vs the JRI and Bilstein. I love the way my JRI clickers handle and I have only gotten the banging bottoming out on one occasion while on the open road. However, it the DDM's are as well made as the JRI's and handle as well given their travel then they are indeed a bargain and should be given Serious consideration...
We have been getting really good feedback about the shocks. They have been ran on the track and performed really well, on the street they are really comfortable and easily adjusted to be as sporty as you would like. For extreme track duty the monotube setups will offer an advantage, but that is not what we see most of the Slingshots doing. These shocks were designed for the majority of the Slingshot customers that we see, which want something to lower the Slingshot a little, have a comfortable controlled ride and offer the adjustability to dial things up when they want to drive a little more aggressive. Our shocks do all of that really well and at what we feel is a great price point also.

Let us know if there is anything else we can answer for you,
Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts