Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goes on, goes off. Had dealer check it while it was on. Nothing showed up in the stored codes. No rhyme or reason for when it is on or off. It is truly annoying!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Sensors for the idiot lights are either too sensitive or just screwy. My brake warning light is now coming up which may or may not be a real issue, and the traction control light came up on a long ride. It did not reset after cycling power, but disappeared while driving. No codes. I'll eventually get to the dealer to let them look at it.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Goes on, goes off. Had dealer check it while it was on. Nothing showed up in the stored codes. No rhyme or reason for when it is on or off. It is truly annoying!
Have dealer reset steering sensor to zero - this issue is well documented on the forum...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been there and done that. Started coming on again yesterday. Went off after recycle through boot up. I'm sure it will be back though.

Have dealer reset steering sensor to zero - this issue is well documented on the forum...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would think then that the sensor itself is possibly going bad?
Dealer ran diagnostics and didn't find anything other than some indications of loss of electrical power stored error code. Could be the smallish battery in the 2016 Sling???? Thinking of upgrading to a better battery. If that would help.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My ESP light comes on but only when the outside temp is high. Resets with engine restart. Haven't had it checked but thinking it may be the ESP switch getting too hot.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Check the consistency of you brake lights when you depress the pedal.I noticed mine would sometimes get stuck on or off and the ESP light happened to me when by brake switch started failing. I upgraded to the mechanical brake switch from tricled and no more issues

1 - 8 of 8 Posts