1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
CycleSprings and Wyicked Hitches have teamed up to make the most Ultimate slingshot trailer hitch on the market . After testing this with 5 other participants we are ready to let the world see the Wyicked World of hitches
More pictures to come

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Its never been clear to me or explained. Where or what happens to the license plate when the hitch is installed and in use?

Is the plug and play harness long enough for this install?
Is there a plan to have a place to hook the chains? Didn't see one in the pics.

I do think its the better of the frame mounted hitches.

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes this is Rich Arlts hitch.
We are helping him with the design and testing.
I have been towing a yamaha 242 limited s with it.
My thought is after the testing I wold use it to add extra lead weights to the rear of the slingshot to get traction.
Price will be out soon after testing

·
Registered
626 Posts
My thought is after the testing I wold use it to add extra lead weights to the rear of the slingshot to get traction.
for the people who know noel this is perfect for him and his soon to be bazillion horsepower ss. Probably the only way to get traction when you have crossed over into the twilight zone. He will most likely be the first ss owner to break the sound barrier.

·
Movin on!
298 Posts
Its never been clear to me or explained. Where or what happens to the license plate when the hitch is installed and in use?

Is the plug and play harness long enough for this install?
Is there a plan to have a place to hook the chains? Didn't see one in the pics.

I do think its the better of the frame mounted hitches.
I used the License plate relocation kit that came with my Metricks Rear Fender Kit. Contact @NastyDugout to obtain one. I believe they'll sell it by itself. Additionally, there's this one on slingmods (Polaris Slingshot Swingarm License Plate Relocator by TricLED) although I have not used that one. Any of the plate relocation kits should work.
I'll be towing a Bushtec with it and the chain attach points are on the hitch pin that Bushtec uses. However, It's already been discussed and I'm sure will be addressed with production units. There's already some chain attachment points up at the top receiver portion for those that will opt for the gooseneck option of the hitch. Those attach points can be seen in the pictures that Noel posted (with my address :eek::D)

2016-01-01 13.53.31.jpg

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I used the License plate relocation kit that came with my Metricks Rear Fender Kit. Contact @NastyDugout to obtain one. I believe they'll sell it by itself. Additionally, there's this one on slingmods (Polaris Slingshot Swingarm License Plate Relocator by TricLED) although I have not used that one. Any of the plate relocation kits should work.
I'll be towing a Bushtec with it and the chain attach points are on the hitch pin that Bushtec uses. However, It's already been discussed and I'm sure will be addressed with production units. There's already some chain attachment points up at the top receiver portion for those that will opt for the gooseneck option of the hitch. Those attach points can be seen in the pictures that Noel posted (with my address :eek::D)

View attachment 44531
I'm currently testing and using Alpha's hitch and don't pull a trailer that often and find that Alpha's work's quite well for me. That said, I was basically commenting on this particular hitch and that if I were to purchase it and it's replacing the location of license plate, I find it odd based on your statement, it's up to me to spend additional dollars to purchase an additional mod to relocate the license plate as well. My other comment was based on the hitch tongue shown, I saw nothing that would allow connecting chains from the trailer, at least mine. This has been thru a few iterations so far so I would have expected to see that or it was an older picture used.

·
Registered
658 Posts
That is awesome! Thanks Noel

·
Movin on!
298 Posts
I'm currently testing and using Alpha's hitch and don't pull a trailer that often and find that Alpha's work's quite well for me. That said, I was basically commenting on this particular hitch and that if I were to purchase it and it's replacing the location of license plate, I find it odd based on your statement, it's up to me to spend additional dollars to purchase an additional mod to relocate the license plate as well. My other comment was based on the hitch tongue shown, I saw nothing that would allow connecting chains from the trailer, at least mine. This has been thru a few iterations so far so I would have expected to see that or it was an older picture used.
I pull a trailer about 3-4 times a year depending on whether or not the misses is joining me. I considered using Alpha's hitch as I know all of their stuff is top notch and well engineered. Heck, I was even waiting for it to go into production so I could buy it. I even asked Henry about putting one on while My SS was in his shop. My only concern was and always has been the movement that the rear axle goes through ( I expressed this to Henry as well), but like you mentioned I "don't pull a trailer that often" so I figured what the heck, I'll try it out. But then I had the opportunity to follow behind my SS while my son-in-law and daughter drove it and I was in shock. Man that rear axle bounces around alot. Especially on bumpy roads. After seeing what that axle is going through back there even on normal daily use streets, I opted not to subject not only the trailer, but the axle to any additional stress. I let Henry know that I'd changed my mind on the hitch and we left it at that. When I saw Rich's solution, I knew he'd hit the nail on the head (so to speak). Was it perfect? No, but that's what all the beta testing is for and he's listened to suggestions and made corrections/enhancements. The product that finally shipped to us is even better than the original design and I expect is going to more than exceed my requirements for pulling a trailer designed to be pulled by a motorcycle . This hitch addresses the issue of where to attach a quality hitch without subjecting the rear axle and the trailer to any unnecessary stress and as far as looks is concerned, is much better than the Bushtec solution. There's been several iterations of the drop hitch and what you're seeing in the pictures is pretty much what I feel will meet most peoples needs (with the exception of the chain attachment points), but that's also being addressed. The wiring harness as well as the plate relocation, are still to be addressed and I'm positive they will be. Again, that's what all of this testing is for.
These are my opinions and you know what everyone says about opinions, but take them for what it's worth.
;):p

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I can tell you a that this Hitch is not going anywhere .
Install is about 1 1/2 hour
But the nicest thing about the hitch is that you would never know that it was there. It Lemons into the rear of this slingshot

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Price will be $699
Preorder group buy $649 free shipping
Shipping should start middle of March
Preorder now

1 - 20 of 82 Posts