Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 Slingshot SL purchased it brand new in April with 5 miles on it. Have enjoyed owning it & now have 1800 miles on it. Unfortunately i took it out for a drive 2 weeks ago it started cutting out and lost all pressure to the pedal. I shut it off and let it sit
for a while at a gas station. I even took the gas cap off & put it back on. Also had just filled the tank before i took off. I started it back up it had pressure for about 2 minutes & then lost it again. I had it towed to the place i purchased it from & seam to be getting the run around. They've had it there 2 weeks today & have no answers for me. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue & what the solution to the issue was? Thank you for all your help.

Registered
Find out your polaris regional reps name and call him/her. My sling was in the shop for 2 months. I found out the regional reps name and called him. He was pissed and wanted to know how I got his name and number. I didn't tell him but my sling was fixed in a week!

Registered
I have a 2022 Slingshot SL purchased it brand new in April with 5 miles on it. Have enjoyed owning it & now have 1800 miles on it. Unfortunately i took it out for a drive 2 weeks ago it started cutting out and lost all pressure to the pedal. I shut it off and let it sit
for a while at a gas station. I even took the gas cap off & put it back on. Also had just filled the tank before i took off. I started it back up it had pressure for about 2 minutes & then lost it again. I had it towed to the place i purchased it from & seam to be getting the run around. They've had it there 2 weeks today & have no answers for me. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue & what the solution to the issue was? Thank you for all your help.
SAME THING HERE.....new 2022 in April...3 times now it has "cut out" / power down from 55mph to "not taking the gas" and "limping" home at 35-40....Dealer has had to tow it in TWICE now...A temporary fix was to loosen battery connections for 10 minutes and reconnect...worked fine for awhile...Next time solution was: dealer upgrade battery postings so that it stayed connect better and cables didn't come loose when hitting a bump etc....worked fine for awhile....NOW it has been in the shop for 3 weeks....Dealer (and us) have been in communication with Polaris to no avail. They wanted to "apply Loctite" to the battery, drive it awhile and see....Excuse me: SAFETY HAZARD here (all of sudden speed drop in front of another vehicle could be deadly).....Polaris says "not having this problem with others that we know of"....I don't think they know what they answer is. Original codes pointed to "low voltage" etc....Our dealer is trying his best to work something out with Polaris, but we shall see....:-(

Registered
I'm having the same problem. Had it at the dealer, but due to replacing the radio with a different unit, they refused to work on it. I have re-installed the factory radio and will be dropping it off this weekend. Lets see whatvthey come up with. Seems to be a sensor problem to me.

Registered
I'm having the same problem. Had it at the dealer, but due to replacing the radio with a different unit, they refused to work on it. I have re-installed the factory radio and will be dropping it off this weekend. Lets see whatvthey come up with. Seems to be a sensor problem to me.
Most dealers don't care what radio you have!!!! They may not want to mess with a NON Polaris radio, but it dosen't sound like a 'radio' problem.

Registered
Hello Jolly

I just got my 2022 SL in October and being an aviation mechanic for 35 years the first thing I did was to do a complete inspection of the vehicle paying very close attention to details. Even took several of the panels off the vehicle to include the whole rear end and the deck just to inspect it. To my surprise I found several items either loose, out of adjustment or missing fasteners. One of those being the battery post electrical leads bolts loose.... Hmmm
Checked all electrical connections, fuse-box, and those that connections to chassis. During the inspection I also found the radio antenna zip-tied to the main electrical harness making radio reception useless.
Get your hands dirty and start looking for those items and issues.

Mario

Registered
Most dealers don't care what radio you have!!!! They may not want to mess with a NON Polaris radio, but it dosen't sound like a 'radio' problem.
After arguing with the dealership about the radio, finally got them to look at the problem. It was just as I figured, throttle position sensor was defective. Dealership replaced the sensor and I've had no more problems. I am in contact with manufacturer about the dealership refusing to work on it because of the radio change. Seems it was all for nothing. As I have found that the connection for diagnosis is at the steering wheel, and not at the radio. I'll tey and update what the manufacturer decides concerning the refusal to work on it without the factory radio

1 - 10 of 10 Posts