Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I was looking to sharpen up the SS front end a bit - so after seeing some custom grilles available, I decided to do it myself. The grille is easily removed by removing two T-screws on each side of the grill then just slide her over and it disengages from the four stand-offs.

The Grille is plastic so its very easy to paint - after it dries, just stick her back in and Presto! Your SS grille looks better then ever! Be sure to paint both sides so when the hood is up, the back side is visible. While the paint is not an exact match, it's pretty close to the factory painted swing-arm & springs on my LE. This color is available at Home Depot or any outlet that sells Rust-Oleum paint

As an added bonus I also have an illuminated grille- as you can see in the images, since the headlights are incorrectly spaced behind the grille and spill light behind the grille, I added a piece of reflective foil behind where the Polaris name is to reflect as much light as possible on my new painted grille and looks pretty damn neat!

I used this same paint and technique to paint my brake calipers be sure to check them out at the link below:

http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/painted-slingshot-brake-calipers-only-2-49-mike-mas.6470/

Regards - Mike

IMG_1560.JPG
foil.JPG
IMG_1563.JPG
close.JPG

4.JPG

·
I may not be right but I can sound like it
4,534 Posts
The price for these mods sure is right - I bought air freshener made specifically for Slingshot for $149.99

·
Registered
362 Posts
@IdelUp, & @S S Glen, Good ideas. Thank you for sharing. I like the illuminated grill idea. Great tip. Thanks.

I rattle canned my grill and rear sprocket cover a while back. Not a perfect match, but very close. I don't mind spending money on mods., but if I can get the same results with minimal cost I sure will give it a try.

Attachments

·
Banned
231 Posts
Hey Guys to finish my "Nose Job" I''m looking for some daytime running lights that will follow the lines of the headlights - any idea who makes these?

Here's a crude Photoshop outline:

View attachment 20250
If you're skilled, you can make them yourself, with some clear rods from mini blinds, the ones that adjust the angle of the blinds, and some LED's. You heat the plastic with a heat gun & bend them into any shape you want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts