Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
We have a 2021 S model with Slingshade and square hoops. Looking for additional storage on trips. Have you been working on creating something for our year model ?
Lets wake up @SlingLow the @ will send an alert to that individual.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Good morning @BradleyTavares . My racks work with the 2021 models which have the same hoops as the 2017-2020 models, but they do not work with the Slingshade which utilizes the same slots on the hoops for mounting as my racks. Sorry, but I do not have plans to configure them to work with that top.

·
Registered
18 Posts
@SlingLow thanks for your constructive information, now I understand !
We received our 2021 S 543 miles ago, tomorrow it goes into dealership for first checkup.
It's been obvious that carry on luggage is at a premium even though we bought the luggage for onboard storage behind seats. Ha, ha, we'll pack like Boy scouts and use laundromat.
Thanks again Slinglow

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
@SlingLow thanks for your constructive information, now I understand !
We received our 2021 S 543 miles ago, tomorrow it goes into dealership for first checkup.
It's been obvious that carry on luggage is at a premium even though we bought the luggage for onboard storage behind seats. Ha, ha, we'll pack like Boy scouts and use laundromat.
Thanks again Slinglow
Check with Revco... They have been in MC stuff for a long time and have some Slingshot mods... We Take Pride In Your Ride (rivcoproducts.com)

·
Registered
2021 Slingshot R
75 Posts
My luggage of choice until i know better, Now i have a tube t-top roof on my ss that helps hold these down. These are two nelson riggs 220's. I am going on a road trip tomorrow and will be only be using 1. i expects speeds of up to 75 mph and will
be doing some twisties. I will let everyone know the outcome on gas mileage and wind drag.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
My luggage of choice until i know better, Now i have a tube t-top roof on my ss that helps hold these down. These are two nelson riggs 220's. I am going on a road trip tomorrow and will be only be using 1. i expects speeds of up to 75 mph and we be doing some twisties. I will let everyone know the outcome on gas mileage and wind drag.
You got yourself some serious capacity there! One thing I noticed when stacking the luggage taller than I normally do is that sometimes I get wind coming forward between the bags causing some buffeting around my head. It's not every time and I've figured out that it increases when there is a strong crosswind. I was thinking about experimenting with a rear wind restrictor between the hoops to see if it improved it.

·
Registered
2021 Slingshot R
75 Posts
thanks for that heads up. i have two options if that happens, lay them on their side or just move them to the floor board. either way i still win.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
My luggage of choice until i know better, Now i have a tube t-top roof on my ss that helps hold these down. These are two nelson riggs 220's. I am going on a road trip tomorrow and will be only be using 1. i expects speeds of up to 75 mph and will
be doing some twisties. I will let everyone know the outcome on gas mileage and wind drag.
I'm only interested in "SMILES" per mile?????

·
Registered
2021 Slingshot R
75 Posts
Ok time for an update. I reset my gas per mile calculator for this trip. this is the first time that i have done that since i picked it up. before then i was showing 29.7. during the trip the mileage went up to 34 with one bag, so i did the calculation the old fashion way and i get 32. ps you get more gas mileage in high altitude. as far as wind buffering, if there was any i could not tell . my range to empty is about 50 miles off, not sure if i should say something at the next check up or just be happy with it. So with one bag mounted i am giving it a thumbs up. This picture was taken just south of Lake City Colorado.

Attachments

141 - 152 of 152 Posts