Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I have a new design available in the luggage racks in addition to the previous design. The price has increased slightly due to significant increase in material cost. Still reasonably priced at $315 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Available for all model years.

BioHazard Luggage Racks.JPG

ssrack2.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just got my racks. They are beautifully finished, fit perfectly and are hell bent for stout. Well actually I'm not sure that even hell could bend these. They are that sturdy.

They work really well and there are many places where one can attach bungee cords or straps to hold whatever you might be carrying. Now about refueling with these on. Some gas nozzles will clear with the rack on and some won't. It just depends on the individual gas pump. Overall these are EXCELLENT luggage racks. I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have decided to continue making these and currently have them available for all model years. $295 shipped to the lower 48. They work with the speaker pods and some, but not all, of the tops.
Do they work with the double speaker head pods 2016

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Do they work with the double speaker head pods 2016

If you're talking about the SSV Works hoop speaker pods, yes.

What colors r avail

These are powder coated in low gloss black to match the roll hoops. Special requests can possibly be accommodated but it would depend on the specific color. Some colors are painted regularly by the powder coater and I can work a set into another customer's batch. If I just paint a single set, there is a minimum charge that makes it not cost-effective. What color are you thinking about?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Was wondering if anyone had tried these racks with the Givi V56’s? I really like the racks BTW.
Sorry for the late reply - I must have missed this post. While the Givi luggage will easily fit on these racks, I'm not so sure about the use of the monokey system. It uses a plate that I'm also confident could be attached to the racks but they will cover the logo in the center. If you don't have the monokey setup then it's a simple affair to bungee them to the racks and hoops. The rack design provides multiple bungee points and the adjustable length bungees with plastic hooks provide unlimited adjustability.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a new design available in the luggage racks in addition to the previous design. The price has increased slightly due to significant increase in material cost. Still reasonably priced at $315 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Available for all model years.

View attachment 171277
View attachment 171279
Hey, very intrested in the luggage rack. How do I go about purchasing them? Do you ship to Canada?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Hey, very intrested in the luggage rack. How do I go about purchasing them? Do you ship to Canada?
I do ship to Canada. I sent a private message with more info. You should get an alert in your inbox at the top right corner of your page. Thanks for your interest!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I have one pair of racks for 2015/16 and one pair for 2017/18 with the biohazard symbol that I will let go for $295 shipped to the 1st two takers. $322.75 to Canada.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
If it's the stinger top, I can manufacture a pair that will. I shorten the inside mounting arm on each rack by 1 1/4" so they mount up to the stinger bracket on the inside of the hoop and mount as normal on the outside of the hoop. If you are seriously interested, send me a private message and we'll discuss the details. The ones pictured will not work as they have been welded and powder coated and it's not cost effective to alter them. Thanks for your interest!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just recieved a set of racks from slinglow. They have far exceeded any expectations. I can't conceive any normal luggage that these racks couldn't handle. The rigidity along with the roll hoops provids a solid stable platform to mount a varity of luggage secenerios that you just can't get by using bags alone. Easy on, easy off but look good enough to leave on. I'll leave mine on. I believe they are powder coated? From my understanding powder coating is far superior than painting.

All around quality product that looks good and allows a varity of luggage options that with the right bags could easily double storage capacity of the sling. Good purchase!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Thanks so much @Frankie55 ! Yes they are powder coated and titanium filled. Well, they're powder coated anyway. ;) My nephew, Shawn, who fabricates these builds high-end river runner boats and knows his stuff.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)
I just made up another batch of these extremely strong luggage racks for all model years including 2019. $315 shipped, made in the USA.
ssrack2.jpg
DSC_0002.JPG

·
Registered
94 Posts
These racks work fine with my Twist Dynamics top and do not get in the way when refueling. Top quality and a
Luggage Bags.jpg
IMG_9069.JPG
super deal for the price.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts