Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had these custom luggage racks made for my Slingshot and I like them so much I'm making a few extra sets for anyone who is interested. They are made from 1/4 inch steel and are very strong. They will be powder coated low gloss black to complement the roll hoops and will include mounting hardware and felt pads on the mounting plates to protect the hoops. If anyone would like a pair, I'll let them go for $295 shipped anywhere in the states. Just send a PM and we'll work out the details.
ssrack2.jpg
ssrack3.jpg
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Look nice.
Dimensions of the flat area? How much do they weigh?

Reactions: SlingLow

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Look nice.
Dimensions of the flat area? How much do they weigh?
The platform is 8 1/8" b y 11 3/8 inch. The depth of the racks including the brackets is 10 1/2". They install in the 1" recess of the hoops (where the slots are) so the racks extend 9 1/2" from the back of the hoops. They cover about 3/4 to 7/8 of the gas filler tube but allow for fueling without removal. Here is some more pics:

DSC_0011.JPG
DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just realized that I did not answer your weight question @Rider. They are approximately 12-13 lbs per pair. I am also addressing the fitment to the 2017 and 2018 roll hoops. The current configuration will fit 2015 and 2016.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These racks will be ready to send out next week - well in time for Christmas!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes but I have a twisty top on mine. which use the roll bar holes. How would this fit, or not fit?
I was just looking at the Twist Dynamics tops. They look like they attach to the top of the hoops. Can you post a pic of your mounting points on the top?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have Bullet Concept to on a 2017. When you make one for that I want a set . Put me on your waiting list. Thanks
If it is the Bullet Speed V-back it looks like the racks will install with no problem but the rear overhang of the V could restrict the height of the bags you could use. Can you post up pics of your mounting points and top?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really want a set, but it looks like they use the same mounting location as my Alpha Wing....
Yes, they use the lower roll hoop holes. Also, the wings and tops can restrict the height of the luggage that can be carried.

I am getting questions about fitment with the various tops. Since we are just a couple guys making these in our spare time, I do not have access to different tops to answer questions or develop options for them. It will be up to each owner to decide from the pics and measurements provided in them to determine if it will work with your setup.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have gotten questions about the strength of these racks and how much weight they can carry. Here is a pic of my nephew Shawn with his 220 lb carcass standing on a rack bolted to his workbench during construction. He did not simulate bumps, but I did with my 160.
ssplateshawn.jpg

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good news for those of you who own '17 and '18 Slingshots and would like a pair of these racks. We have patterned the 17/18 roll hoops and will build a few sets starting this weekend. They will then be powder-coated in the low-gloss black and be available for shipment. There are 3 people waiting for these and I will complete them as quickly as possible. Anyone else out there, I will have sets to fit all Slings available - just send a PM to get yours! They look awesome on the back of your hoops with or without luggage attached.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are correct, is only have 4" space from V top to the top of your platform. Sorry I can't use them.
Well you could haul at least 3 pizzas on each side. Yeah, not much use there but they would still look good. I've decide to leave mine on full time for just that reason. Thanks for your interest @George James !

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Santa left a little something on my living room floor last night - seven new sets of Slingshot luggage racks! They look awesome! I'm packaging up 2 today and the other 5 are looking for a new home. $295 shipped will get you yours. These will fit the 2015/2016/2016.5 model years. Another batch of 6 was delivered to the powder coater yesterday and should be done this week. Those will fit the 2017/2018 model years. If you have expressed an interest, you will hear from me when they are done. If not, you're just a PM away. Cheers to all.
ssRacks1516.jpg

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a quick update to let you all know that I now have luggage racks that fit the 2017 and 2018 model years. They are on hand and ready to go under your tree for your favorite person - YOU! They are identical to the 15/16 racks except for a larger footpad on the mounting arms to fit the larger slots in the roll hoops. Anyone interested can shoot me a PM.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts