Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
64AC64EF-E414-4A92-8885-F6D1AA12AD6A.jpeg

Update: Thanks everyone for your input on my post, I’m pretty new to the community here, so I’m learning. I’ve added some new info here!!!

I’m the second owner, bought it from family with 600 miles or so. It now has 2504 miles exactly today. It is wrapped in matte white professionally done, it was the first wrap to be done in Texas (apparently) so they offered to do the job for 1500$. The wrap has held up incredibly, but can be taken off if needed. It has an alarm system, as well as the usual SL upgrades. I really haven’t done much to it, I was going to put some new tires for a more aggressive tread pattern, ends up the nationwide company I used damaged the rear wheel. (Won’t say names because they treated me very well, but I’m sure you can guess.) Ends up I got my pick of 3 new wheels, so I’m going to pick those out today and I’ll update pictures. So you’ll have a pretty much new Slingshot! I’ll throw some extra info that was recommended to the best of my memory.

Also: The wheels will be changing again as I said, there has been no warranty claims, no accidents, no dings, and has been garage kept.

Pardon the dirty picture, I got caught in some light rain before I made it into the garage, going to clean her up and post pictures with the wheels!

Let me know what you guys think, if I should add anything else. Thanks again for the support!

Price: 18,500

VIN: 57XAAPFA2G7113502

Not looking to make a profit here. Just have to pay off the note, hard times!

CAC146C7-47C7-49AC-808A-DC7C878CFD4B.jpeg 99430C61-FE2A-4735-95E3-92E91513F305.jpeg

Attachments

·
2,333 Posts

As a brand new member .....

You might want to list your location .....

Are you the original owner ......

Modifications .....

Warranty claims .....

Status of recalls ....

Detailed photos ..... including edges of wrap and wheels .. does the wrap have any warranty (since it lowers the value) ... transferable ?

Are wheels painted or powder coated .... done professionally ?

2K miles and needs a rear tire ...hmmm don't know if I would have mentioned that ......

And price ......

........... o_O

·
Registered
589 Posts
View attachment 156873
Sad to say I have to sell the SS, custom proffesional wrap, matte white, original color is silver. Wheels are blue, look really nice. Just replaced the battery, have done quite a bit of custom work. About 2,000 miles or so. No issues what so ever. I’m about to get a new rear tire on it, or you can and I’ll take it off the price.

Not looking to make a profit here. Just have to pay off the note, hard times!

View attachment 156865 View attachment 156857
Trev,

The problem you are going to have on this forum is that you popped up out of nowhere and took a photo of a Sling getting gas. Honestly, it looks like SCAM written all over it. You are better off trying to sell it on Ebay. No one here is going to roll with you unless you look legit. For now, you are wasting your time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha!

That made me laugh, as well as it was informative.

I appreciate you taking the time to post and give some tips. I’ll have to get all that together and edit the listing. I assumed I would just drop a line and see what response I got, maybe what the gurus thought the pricing should be on something like this.

I got my wrap done professionally, they said I could bring it in if I had any issues. Also the wrap can come off if need be. I have worked with it professionally, although in different applications, and not an entire SS.

The rear tire isn’t bald, but I have been thinking of replacing the stock rear. I’ve been reading about wider tires being a bit better for ride quality and traction.

Looks like I’m getting some harsh comments on here, I’m not a pro by any means! With that said I appreciate your time walking a newbie through the slingshot forums world.

Thanks again! I’ll get on working on the post, and giving more details in future ones.

Modifications .....

Warranty claims .....

Status of recalls ....

Detailed photos ..... including edges of wrap and wheels .. does the wrap have any warranty (since it lowers the value) ... transferable ?

2K miles and needs a rear tire ...hmmm don't know if I would have mentioned that ......

And price ......

........... o_O
ahah

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trev,

The problem you are going to have on this forum is that you popped up out of nowhere and took a photo of a Sling getting gas. Honestly, it looks like SCAM written all over it. You are better off trying to sell it on Ebay. No one here is going to roll with you unless you look legit. For now, you are wasting your time.

Hey Kevin,

From the other comments on here I can say I understand where you’re coming from. I just had a few recent photos from... Snapchat.... of all places. Really just thought throwing a line out there would help me gauge the best way to go about it. I am brand new to slingshot forums, just signed up last night. I’m going to revamp the post and add some more info. I always appreciate advice!

Also to clairify, not a scam haha, I just thought some realistic pictures without it all dressed up would give the viewer a better idea. Usually when I see pictures of a car online then see it in person it’s always a downer. Although I don’t want “scam” on my forehead either.

Thanks for the tips, I’ll grow out of the newbie stage quick!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Modifications .....

Warranty claims .....

Status of recalls ....

And price ......

........... o_O

Oh also! I was curious what you guys thought a decent asking price would be, even a range? Given I spice that post up to standards.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hey Kevin,

From the other comments on here I can say I understand where you’re coming from. I just had a few recent photos from... Snapchat.... of all places. Really just thought throwing a line out there would help me gauge the best way to go about it. I am brand new to slingshot forums, just signed up last night. I’m going to revamp the post and add some more info. I always appreciate advice!

Also to clairify, not a scam haha, I just thought some realistic pictures without it all dressed up would give the viewer a better idea. Usually when I see pictures of a car online then see it in person it’s always a downer. Although I don’t want “scam” on my forehead either.

Thanks for the tips, I’ll grow out of the newbie stage quick!
You're welcome sir. BTW, you should list a V.I.N. as well so anyone can run a history on the bike too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys I’ve added some to the post, do you think the asking price is possible? I really need to get out from under this note.... yikes.

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts