Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I'm buying my first SS tomorrow, I've already put Ins. on and gave my down payment. I bought it in MA but I Live In CT and will be registering it it here on Tuesday... I know I have to pay the sales tax but I'm also trying to figure out what else I am in store for.... I assume cause it's out of state it will require a vin check or possibly full inspection, but how am I registering it? I also was told I don't need a M endowment but I can't get actual answeres from ct Dmv website... Plz help! Thx guys sry I'm new to this lol

·
Registered
738 Posts
hello, I'm buying my first SS tomorrow, I've already put Ins. on and gave my down payment. I bought it in MA but I Live In CT and will be registering it it here on Tuesday... I know I have to pay the sales tax but I'm also trying to figure out what else I am in store for.... I assume cause it's out of state it will require a vin check or possibly full inspection, but how am I registering it? I also was told I don't need a M endowment but I can't get actual answeres from ct Dmv website... Plz help! Thx guys sry I'm new to this lol
Hey, where you from? We got a small group of riders who occasionally get together her in CT. Could always use another one. I bought mine from out out state almost a year ago to this day. You will need to go to the DMV and get a temp license. Then you can take it to one of their approved shops for a VIN verification. Once that is done you go back to the DMV and get your real plate. I did it all in the same day. A driver does not need a motorcycle endorsement to operate an autocycle In CT. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
738 Posts
BTW - they are registered as a motorcycle. So you'll pay sales tax, and the registration cost and you'll have to give the shop that does the VIN verification $20 cash.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thank you! I live in Southbury. I manager the towing dept of a shop here so I'll bet I even know one of the garages they will send me to. And yea I'd love come cruise with y'all! If I remember from my last bike (no I didn't have a M endorsement then and yes I know I'm naughty for it) it wasn't all that expensive for new reg but the sales tax will be a nice 1400$ hit lol

·
Registered
738 Posts
I think they are required, though I wouldn't bet my life on it. But seriously, why wouldn't you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol sry guys "seatbelt light"....
I actually started a new three under issues cause I've owned this for 7 hours now and I have several small issues its rather annoying but still a blast to drive

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, where you from? We got a small group of riders who occasionally get together her in CT. Could always use another one. I bought mine from out out state almost a year ago to this day. You will need to go to the DMV and get a temp license. Then you can take it to one of their approved shops for a VIN verification. Once that is done you go back to the DMV and get your real plate. I did it all in the same day. A driver does not need a motorcycle endorsement to operate an autocycle In CT. Hope that helps.
I'm in Manchester I have 19 slingshot I'm picking up my 21 this week. Buddy of mine also has one . We are always looking for people to go with

1 - 9 of 9 Posts